Targeted: Up to 30,000 bonus points for new IHG members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s something we don’t see every day: As reported on Loyalty Lobby, new members to IHG are being given bonus point offers to complete stays. Looking pretty similar to IHG’s Accelerate promotion, this one has you completing different objectives in order to earn additional points.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
When I signed my husband up for an IHG account, this is what he received:
That’s actually pretty good, considering this offer is being generated for an entirely new account. 30,000 bonus points is worth six nights at one of the 5,000-point PointBreaks hotels — a quarterly list of rotating hotels offered for discounted prices. These bonus points are in addition to whatever points you’ll earn from your stay.
At this rate I’m heavily considering completing the offers and snagging those bonus points, even though my husband doesn’t have any elite status with IHG (a tragedy, to be sure).
Other TPG staffers received offers as well, though not quite as lucrative:
Though this offer isn’t as substantial, it’s still pretty decent, especially if you have upcoming hotel stays. If you (or a family member) don’t yet have an IHG account, now is a good time to sign up — after all, it isn’t often that a hotel rewards you for simply joining the loyalty program and staying a little.
Featured photo courtesy of IHG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees