Targeted: Up to 30,000 bonus points for new IHG members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s something we don’t see every day: As reported on Loyalty Lobby, new members to IHG are being given bonus point offers to complete stays. Looking pretty similar to IHG’s Accelerate promotion, this one has you completing different objectives in order to earn additional points.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
When I signed my husband up for an IHG account, this is what he received:
That’s actually pretty good, considering this offer is being generated for an entirely new account. 30,000 bonus points is worth six nights at one of the 5,000-point PointBreaks hotels — a quarterly list of rotating hotels offered for discounted prices. These bonus points are in addition to whatever points you’ll earn from your stay.
At this rate I’m heavily considering completing the offers and snagging those bonus points, even though my husband doesn’t have any elite status with IHG (a tragedy, to be sure).
Other TPG staffers received offers as well, though not quite as lucrative:
Though this offer isn’t as substantial, it’s still pretty decent, especially if you have upcoming hotel stays. If you (or a family member) don’t yet have an IHG account, now is a good time to sign up — after all, it isn’t often that a hotel rewards you for simply joining the loyalty program and staying a little.
Featured photo courtesy of IHG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.