IHG announces partnership with Mr & Mrs Smith boutique hotels, adds 500 properties to portfolio
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
On Sept. 23, 2019, IHG announced a partnership with Mr & Mrs Smith, a boutique luxury chain with properties around the world.
Self-styled as “the travel club for hotel lovers,” Mr & Mrs Smith is a high-end hotel booking service with 1,200 boutique and luxury properties in over 80 countries.
“We conceived Mr & Mrs Smith for discerning travellers who want to discover truly extraordinary places with the people they love,” said Mr & Mrs Smith co-founder Tamara Lohan. “We are hugely excited about the opportunity to bring our growing collection of carefully curated boutique and luxury hotels to millions of IHG Rewards Club loyalty members, so they may join our members in experiencing some of the world’s most seductive hotels.”
While it’s unclear which hotels, exactly, will be included, the IHG press release includes a photo of Treehotel in Sweden. It also lists “Jasper Conran’s self-styled riad hideaway L’Hôtel Marrakech, 18th-century organic Tuscan estate Borgo Pignano, high-in-the-Himalayas retreat The Kumaon and the charming Old Rectory on South Africa’s famed Garden Route.”
It’s also unclear how much this will cost members. As Mr & Mrs Smith is a boutique chain, the rates for its properties are pricey. For instance, a one-night stay at the Annandale The Homestead in New Zealand will set you back nearly $4,000.
A stay at Lake Kora in Upstate New York starts at $14,950 per night.
APPLY HERE: Earn 125,000 IHG points with the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
If you apply now, you can earn 125,000 IHG bonus points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first three months after opening your new card. You’ll earn an unreal 25x points per dollar spent at IHG Hotels and Resorts for the first 12 months after signing up. After adding in elite earnings — from the IHG Platinum Elite status that you get through the credit card — and the base earning rate at IHG properties, you’ll earn a whopping 40x points per dollar at IHG hotels for the first year. The card has an annual fee of $89. TPG values IHG Rewards Club points at 0.5 cents each.
We’ve reached out to IHG for comment and will update this story when we hear back.
Featured photo courtesy of IHG
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.