Hyatt drops Centric plans for all-inclusive Ziva Barbados instead
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: At TPG, we paused traveling to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Local and federal governments around the globe are now debating the appropriate levels of isolation and distancing. Before booking that next trip, we recommend you talk to your doctor, follow health officials’ guidance and research local travel restrictions. TPG is continuing to publish deals, reviews and general travel news to inform and prepare you for that trip, whether it is next month or next year.
Hyatt has partnered with a Barbadian company to build the Hyatt Ziva Barbados in the island’s Carlisle Bay. The all-inclusive resort, scheduled to open in 2022, will have of 380 guest rooms, 40 condominiums and six premier rooms; it will be Barbados’ first new-build hotel in over a decade.
Originally announced in 2018 as the Hyatt Centric Carlisle Bay Barbados and scheduled to open in 2019, the new $175-million project has received a major upgrade, joining other family-friendly Hyatt Ziva all-inclusive resorts, including Montego Bay, Jamaica; Cap Cana, Dominican Republic and Cancun, Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, plus three adults-only Hyatt Zilara resorts in Montego Bay, Cancun and Cap Cana.
Related reading: 11 all-inclusive beach resorts you can book with points
Like other Ziva resorts, this property is expected to cost 25,000 World of Hyatt points for the first two guests, plus an extra 12,500 points per extra guest, under current valuations (Hyatt announced major changes to the World of Hyatt loyalty program in February 2020). As at all other Hyatt Ziva properties, children 2 and under are free.
The property will have a conference center and an overwater restaurant. It will feature beach access and focus on sourcing local produce, spirits and arts and crafts and décor. It will sit on three parcels of land totaling 17,920 square meters of beachfront property in the Carlisle Bay area in Bridgetown, St. Michael.
Featured image courtesy of Hyatt
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.