Hyatt is teaming up with a meditation app to help travelers and employees relax
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You know what they say: “Health is wealth.” Hotel chains have taken that phrase to heart in the last several years, with many of them focusing on wellness initiatives — from features inside each room to the on-property spa to the specific location of a hotel.
Hyatt will build on its leadership in this space with a new partnership with Headspace, the popular health and wellness brand that focuses on meditation through its online platform and its mobile apps for both Android and iOS devices.
The new Headspace access won’t just be for guests, either. Hyatt employees will receive free subscriptions to Headspace, which normally costs $12.99 per month or $95 if you pay for a year in advance. Hyatt says that it’s doing this as “a means of supporting [its employees] on their own mental health and wellbeing journeys.”
If you’re a guest at a Hyatt hotel, you’ll soon notice things like access to Headspace content such as short meditations, sounds to aid in sleep, guidance from former monk and Headspace co-founder Andy Puddicombe and more — all delivered through your hotel room.
If you’re a World of Hyatt member and have the chain’s app downloaded on your phone, you’ll also get access to exclusive Headspace member offers as well as plenty of other mindfulness content delivered through the app.
Hyatt’s partnership with Headspace is another step in the hotel’s increased focus on the health and wellbeing of its employees and guests. In the last few years, Hyatt’s acquired (and begun to expand) Miraval hotels — a brand devoted entirely to wellness and health of both the body and mind. It’s also forged a partnership with Exhale Spas and rolled out a proprietary wellness experience platform called FIND.
We don’t know the exact timing for the launch of this partnership yet but stay tuned to TPG for more details.
Featured image by Summer Hull/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees