Earn 3x points on upcoming Hyatt stays with new Bonus Journeys promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
With states and countries slowly beginning to reopen after an extended lockdown, travel brands are now faced with the challenge of convincing people that it’s safe to travel again. Part of that has to do with improving hygiene and sanitation practices, but part of it also boils down to incentivizing consumers with bonus points, elite shortcuts and more.
It’s against this backdrop that Hyatt is launching its newest quarterly promotion, dubbed “Bonus Journeys.” After registering at this link, Hyatt members will earn triple points on stays from June 15 through September 15, 2020, beginning with their second stay. Hyatt elites, including Discoverists who earn their status from The World Of Hyatt Credit Card, will earn 2,500 additional bonus points on their first stay during the promotion. TPG values World of Hyatt points at 1.7 cents each, making this 2,500-point elite bonus gift worth $42.50.
Hyatt members normally earn 5 points per dollar spent on eligible charges, with elite members earning additional points bonuses. During the Bonus Journeys promotion, members will earn at least 15 points per dollar, which comes out to a very attractive 25.5% return based on TPG’s valuations. If you pay for your stay with a World of Hyatt card you’ll continue to earn 4 Hyatt points per dollar, bringing your return up to a whopping 19x points per dollar spent before factoring in any elite bonuses.
It’s likely going to take a while before most travelers feel completely safe on the road again, but Hyatt is doing what it can to address those concerns by continuing to offer very generous change and cancellation policies and also delaying the implementation of scheduled award chart changes (specifically the introduction of peak and off-peak pricing).
Hyatt has also taken decisive action by launching new sanitation standards across the brand. Back in May, Hyatt became the first hotel chain to achieve Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR accreditation at more than 900 hotels worldwide, an accreditation that includes extensive training at individual properties and frequent auditing both internally and from third parties. Hyatt also plans, by September 2020, to have at least one trained “Hygiene Manager” at all properties to help ensure that each individual property is complying with the new cleaning guidelines.
Quarterly promotions like this are a fairly normal part of the hotel industry, but nothing about this year has been normal when it comes to travel. The ability to earn triple points starting from your second stay, for up to 200,000 bonus points (in addition to points you’ll earn as an elite member), is a great opportunity for Hyatt travelers, and this promotion should help convince people to go ahead and take that next vacation, even if it’s a bit closer to home. Registration is free and easy so make sure to register for this promotion even if you don’t currently have any upcoming stays planned.
Featured image by Michelle Bennet/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees