Earn 3x points on upcoming Hyatt stays with new Bonus Journeys promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
With states and countries slowly beginning to reopen after an extended lockdown, travel brands are now faced with the challenge of convincing people that it’s safe to travel again. Part of that has to do with improving hygiene and sanitation practices, but part of it also boils down to incentivizing consumers with bonus points, elite shortcuts and more.
It’s against this backdrop that Hyatt is launching its newest quarterly promotion, dubbed “Bonus Journeys.” After registering at this link, Hyatt members will earn triple points on stays from June 15 through September 15, 2020, beginning with their second stay. Hyatt elites, including Discoverists who earn their status from The World Of Hyatt Credit Card, will earn 2,500 additional bonus points on their first stay during the promotion. TPG values World of Hyatt points at 1.7 cents each, making this 2,500-point elite bonus gift worth $42.50.
Hyatt members normally earn 5 points per dollar spent on eligible charges, with elite members earning additional points bonuses. During the Bonus Journeys promotion, members will earn at least 15 points per dollar, which comes out to a very attractive 25.5% return based on TPG’s valuations. If you pay for your stay with a World of Hyatt card you’ll continue to earn 4 Hyatt points per dollar, bringing your return up to a whopping 19x points per dollar spent before factoring in any elite bonuses.
It’s likely going to take a while before most travelers feel completely safe on the road again, but Hyatt is doing what it can to address those concerns by continuing to offer very generous change and cancellation policies and also delaying the implementation of scheduled award chart changes (specifically the introduction of peak and off-peak pricing).
Hyatt has also taken decisive action by launching new sanitation standards across the brand. Back in May, Hyatt became the first hotel chain to achieve Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR accreditation at more than 900 hotels worldwide, an accreditation that includes extensive training at individual properties and frequent auditing both internally and from third parties. Hyatt also plans, by September 2020, to have at least one trained “Hygiene Manager” at all properties to help ensure that each individual property is complying with the new cleaning guidelines.
Quarterly promotions like this are a fairly normal part of the hotel industry, but nothing about this year has been normal when it comes to travel. The ability to earn triple points starting from your second stay, for up to 200,000 bonus points (in addition to points you’ll earn as an elite member), is a great opportunity for Hyatt travelers, and this promotion should help convince people to go ahead and take that next vacation, even if it’s a bit closer to home. Registration is free and easy so make sure to register for this promotion even if you don’t currently have any upcoming stays planned.
Featured image by Michelle Bennet/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.