Hyatt will open nearly 200 hotels in the US, Canada and Mexico by 2022
Hyatt’s got big things planned for the Americas region in the next couple of years. The Chicago-based chain plans on opening 50 hotels in the region in 2020 alone, with another 140 opening by 2022. The majority of the growth will occur in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
While most of the brands across the Hyatt portfolio will be getting a boost in property totals, what’s especially interesting about this announcement is the number of luxury properties that are slated to come online soon.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Here’s what you can expect to see for some of Hyatt’s top brands between now and 2022. As always with hotels, be very aware that these opening dates are subject to change (and likely will change many times):
Alila, one of Hyatt’s newly acquired luxury brands, will open a property in Encinitas, CA, near San Diego, in early 2021.
The very popular luxury lifestyle brand continues its expansion, with three properties scheduled to open within the next two years, the first being the highly anticipated Andaz Palm Springs late this year. That property will be a Category 5, meaning a free night will cost you 20,000 World of Hyatt points. Following Palm Springs will be a location in Canada’s largest city, Toronto, in 2021.
Also in 2021, one of the hotels we’re most excited about across the entire world is scheduled to open in the Caribbean: the Andaz Turks and Caicos at Grace Bay.
One of Hyatt’s iconic luxury brands is constructing a massive, 591-room property in Nashville, Tennessee, which has become one of the hottest hotel markets in the U.S. That property is expected to open in the fall of this year. In 2022, Grand Hyatt will plant its flag on the beach in Grand Cayman, marking the arrival of another very exciting points property in a popular Caribbean destination.
The wellness-focused luxury retreats that make up the Miraval brand will soon gain another property, this one in the Berkshires in Massachusetts, in May of this year.
The crown jewel in the Hyatt portfolio, Park Hyatt, has hotels that are uber-luxurious and come with a degree of service and hospitality not found at just any hotel chain. Park Hyatts are some of the most aspirational properties, and we’re excited to see the brand continue to expand with three new properties in the pipeline and one reopening after a complete renovation.
The Park Hyatt Toronto will reopen with 219 guest rooms and a completely new design in October of this year. That property will be a Category 4, meaning a free night will cost you 15,000 points per night. Next are the Park Hyatt Los Angeles at Oceanwide Plaza, Park Hyatt Los Cabos and the Park Hyatt Mexico City, all three of which are scheduled to open in 2021.
Another recent acquisition for Hyatt, Thompson hotels have quickly earned a reputation for being great places to redeem your World of Hyatt points, thanks to their unique and high-end designs in desirable locations around the world. The Thompson brand has already recently opened one hotel (Washington, D.C.) and plans to open (or reopen) a whopping eight more between now and 2022, with highlights being Hollywood, CA, in 2021, Austin, TX, in 2021, New York – Central Park reopening in 2021 and South Beach in 2022. The already-open Thompson in Washington, D.C. is a Category 5 property where a free night will run you 20,000 World of Hyatt points.
Whether you’re thinking of switching your loyalty to Hyatt or have been flaunting your status since you were a Diamond member in the Gold Passport program, now’s a good time to brush up and make sure you’re earning (and burning) as many points as you can. If you’re looking to learn more about the World of Hyatt loyalty program, this guide should do the trick.
Running low on Hyatt points? You’re in luck. The World Of Hyatt Credit Card — one of the best hotel credit cards on the market — is currently offering a two-tiered sign-up bonus: 30,000 Bonus Points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, up to 30,000 more Bonus Points by earning 2 Bonus Points total per $1 spend on purchases that normally earn 1 Bonus Point, on up to $15,000 in the first six months of account opening. If you have a stash of Chase Ultimate Rewards points, you can also transfer them over to Hyatt at a 1:1 transfer ratio, meaning for every point you transfer, you’ll get one in return.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be racking up the points for one of the new properties before you can say “room service.”
Featured image courtesy of Hyatt/Business Wire.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees