Hyatt adds 11 new luxury hotels, including a French winery and a Japanese ryokan
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Perk up, World of Hyatt loyalists — you’ve got new opportunities to earn and redeem points at a handful of Small Luxury Hotels (SLH) that were recently added to the brand’s redemption portfolio.
If you’re unfamiliar, SLH is a collection of smaller, independent hotels located around the world that partner with World of Hyatt to offer some (but not all) elite status perks to travelers during their stay.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
These hotels are great for people with elite status but are looking for those boutique-style properties that feel quite different from the big brand names, such as Park Hyatt, that we all know.
Some of the perks elite status members can enjoy at SLH hotels, depending on what status you hold with Hyatt, include daily, complimentary continental breakfast for two; complimentary Wi-Fi; early check-in and late checkout (based on availability); and space-available one category room upgrades, among other perks.
The new locations span the globe and appear in some unexpected destinations. In Japan, where we’re all hopeful tourism will reopen soon, two locations were added, including a ryokan in Hokkaido and an all-seasons resort outside of Tokyo.
Old and new collide at The Veil, a design-forward hotel in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan, and in Ireland, a grand country estate with a nine-hole golf course joins the list.
Here are all the new additions and their World of Hyatt award category.
|Alta Las Palomas||San Jose, Costa Rica||5|
|Hotel Das Tyrol||Vienna, Austria||5|
|UP- Ultimate Provence Hotel||Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, France||6|
|Euphoria Retreat||Mystras, Greece||6|
|Glenlo Abbey Hotel & Estate||Galway, Ireland||6|
|Maalot Roma||Rome, Italy||6|
|Chalet Ivy Jozankei||Sapporo, Japan||8|
|Karuizawa Prince Hotel East||Karuizawa, Japan||6|
|The Veil||Nur Sultan, Kazakhstan||7|
|Jangala Dunhuang||Dunhuang, China||8|
|Qiushui Villa||Hangzhou, China||8|
New options for redeeming Hyatt points
With borders reopening around the world, it’s exciting to see these 11 new properties enter the World of Hyatt portfolio. And we’ve already got our eyes on a few that seem particularly exciting — especially in Europe, where Americans are mostly free to travel.
Located a short 30-minutes from the glitz and glam of St. Tropez, UP – Ultimate Provence Hotel is a boutique property set in the countryside on 112 acres of vineyards. There, guests can imbibe on locally produced wine, go mountain biking around the estate and head to the cellar for a special testing. Afterward, relax in a chic room before doing it all again the next day.
In Greece, take your wellness journey to the next level at Euphoria Retreat, a mountainside resort that will leave you relaxed and reenergized. At Euphoria, you can hit the spa for revitalizing skincare treatments before joining a yoga class to find your center. Beyond wellness, concentrate on the beautiful architecture and natural surroundings of the area to fully escape from reality.
And in Japan’s northern island of Hokkaido, a modern take on the Japanese ryokan awaits at the Chalet Ivy Jozankei in Sapporo. With only 26 rooms, all offering private hot springs, this hotel is the perfect place to relax in Japan’s famous waters, including the hotel’s public, indoor and open-air baths. Round it out with a traditional Japanese meal and a spa treatment incorporating local plants and you might just ask to stay forever.
Each of these hotels adds something special to World of Hyatt’s partnership with Small Luxury Hotels, and we’re excited to see the program continues to grow. These properties, in particular — from a working winery in France to a secluded wellness retreat in Greece — open up new destinations and not-so-typical experiences to World of Hyatt’s most loyal travelers.
Featured image courtesy of Small Luxury Hotels
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees