This Hotel Is Serving $1 Hot Chocolate in a Heated Igloo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Want to escape to a winter wonderland without having to purchase a plane ticket? Check out The Hoxton hotel’s so-called winter domes, which bubbled up in New York about a week ago.
The Hoxton, which made its US debut in Brooklyn’s popular Williamsburg neighborhood this September, is offering visitors the chance to dine, drink and hang out in their trio of heated winter domes, which are basically a cross between a festive snow globe and, according to the hotel, “seasonal igloos” where guests can enjoy the “magic of sitting outside” without, well, being outside.
Inside, the domes are decked out with wintertime decor, including a flannel tablecloth, faux fur throws and additional warm blankets (though since the domes are heated, you probably won’t be needing those). Guests will be able to order from the regular menu at Klein’s — the hotel’s stylish American restaurant — in addition to special seasonal selections. Look out for pastry chef Celina Rella’s “elevated Klondike Bar” creation: essentially a chocolate-covered peppermint ice cream bar.
Located in the courtyard of Klein’s, the igloos have a decidedly festive feel, as they are surrounded by more than 50 Christmas trees and holiday decorations, courtesy of Crest Hardware. The topiary provides more than ambiance, however. Visitors can purchase their very own Christmas trees from the hotel (along with other decor), and 10% of the proceeds will go to the Coalition for the Homeless. And if you decide to taste the $1 hot cocoa, 100% of those proceeds will also benefit the Coalition.
Of course, the latter probably makes more sense for hotel guests from out-of-town.
If you’re interested in dining inside your very own Brooklyn igloo, you can book a seat on Resy from December until the end of February. According to the website, domes are best suited for parties of eight, though the hotel asks all tables with weekend brunch and evening dinner reservations to spend a minimum of $300 per group. There are also only three domes available for booking.
Featured image courtesy of The Hoxton, Williamsburg
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.