This Hotel Is Serving $1 Hot Chocolate in a Heated Igloo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Want to escape to a winter wonderland without having to purchase a plane ticket? Check out The Hoxton hotel’s so-called winter domes, which bubbled up in New York about a week ago.
The Hoxton, which made its US debut in Brooklyn’s popular Williamsburg neighborhood this September, is offering visitors the chance to dine, drink and hang out in their trio of heated winter domes, which are basically a cross between a festive snow globe and, according to the hotel, “seasonal igloos” where guests can enjoy the “magic of sitting outside” without, well, being outside.
Inside, the domes are decked out with wintertime decor, including a flannel tablecloth, faux fur throws and additional warm blankets (though since the domes are heated, you probably won’t be needing those). Guests will be able to order from the regular menu at Klein’s — the hotel’s stylish American restaurant — in addition to special seasonal selections. Look out for pastry chef Celina Rella’s “elevated Klondike Bar” creation: essentially a chocolate-covered peppermint ice cream bar.
Located in the courtyard of Klein’s, the igloos have a decidedly festive feel, as they are surrounded by more than 50 Christmas trees and holiday decorations, courtesy of Crest Hardware. The topiary provides more than ambiance, however. Visitors can purchase their very own Christmas trees from the hotel (along with other decor), and 10% of the proceeds will go to the Coalition for the Homeless. And if you decide to taste the $1 hot cocoa, 100% of those proceeds will also benefit the Coalition.
Of course, the latter probably makes more sense for hotel guests from out-of-town.
If you’re interested in dining inside your very own Brooklyn igloo, you can book a seat on Resy from December until the end of February. According to the website, domes are best suited for parties of eight, though the hotel asks all tables with weekend brunch and evening dinner reservations to spend a minimum of $300 per group. There are also only three domes available for booking.
Featured image courtesy of The Hoxton, Williamsburg
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees