How to Get Some of the World’s Most Expensive Hotel Buffet Breakfasts for Free
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Luxury hotels have some of the most extravagant breakfast buffets you will ever see. This is especially true in Asia and the Middle East. Endless options from fresh fruits and smoothies through to a full fry-up, sweet and savory, eggs any way you can think of and different stations with dishes from around the world.
As you might expect, these breakfasts don’t come cheap. Buffet breakfasts at major five-star hotels can easily be $50 or more per person. The St Regis New York, one of the most expensive and aspirational properties in the Marriott Group, lists its buffet breakfast at an eye-watering $55 per person.
You may never dream of paying that much for a hotel breakfast no matter how opulent it is — especially in a city like New York, where you could easily grab a good coffee and a bagel from a local deli for under $10.
But there’s a way to receive a full buffet breakfast for free every morning of your stay. The key is choosing a hotel that provides free breakfast for elite members.
Each loyalty programme has a slightly different rule when it comes to the breakfast benefit for their elite members. Here’s a summary of the major programs:
- Hilton Honors: Gold and Diamond Hilton Honors elites can select free breakfast for themselves and one additional guest on their reservation at the following brands: Canopy by Hilton, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Curio – A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts.
- Marriott Bonvoy: Platinum/Titanium Elites can receive free breakfast at most of the more than two dozen different hotel brands, although it is a little complicated ‚ read the full TPG Guide to Marriott Elite Status Breakfast Benefits.
- World of Hyatt: Globalist members receive free breakfast on paid or award stays. The lower level Discoverist and Explorist elite tiers don’t get free breakfast by themselves, but members can earn two Club lounge certificates starting with 20 annual Hyatt nights per year. You can apply the certificates to stays at Hyatt hotels with a Club lounge, where you can enjoy free breakfast (and more).
- Radisson Rewards: Platinum members receive a free continental breakfast in North America with a full breakfast at properties outside of North America.
- Accor Le Club: Platinum Members and one registered guest can receive free breakfast in the Asia-Pacific region only.
Some individual hotels can elect to stray from their associated programme’s breakfast policy, especially with resort properties. For example, the Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort doesn’t offer free breakfast for its elites. If you have an upcoming stay and are planning to take advantage of the free breakfast benefit as an elite, it could be worthwhile to run a quick search in advance of your stay to ensure the property allows elites to brekkie for free.
Featured photo by Samantha Rosen / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees