This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton Honors just extended its status match program once again. Previously you could status match to earn Hilton elite status through March 2019. Now Hilton Honors has extended its status match and challenge option through March 2020.
You can submit a status match through this link. You’ll need to provide the following information:
- Hilton Honors account number
- Hotel loyalty program you want Hilton Honors to match
- Current status with the hotel loyalty program you want to match
- Proof of status with the hotel loyalty program you want to match
- Screenshot of your current account status or your membership card
- Proof of stay in the last 12 months with the hotel loyalty program you want to match
- Screenshot of your previous reservations or hotel receipt, redacting any personal information other than your name and membership number
Based on your current status, Hilton Honors will match to either Gold or Diamond status for 90 days. Hilton doesn’t state which statuses will match up where, but TPG readers have previously reported that IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum and SPG Platinum matched to Diamond.
During the 90 days after getting your status matched with Hilton, you’ll need to complete a challenge based on the status you received:
- Gold: complete four stays to keep Gold through March 31, 2020
- Diamond: complete eight stays to keep Diamond through March 31, 2020 or complete four stays to earn Gold through March 31, 2020
Remember that stays, not nights, are what matters for the challenge. A reader reported on a previous Hilton status match offer that checking out and checking back in later at the same hotel counts as one stay, which jives with Hilton Honors’ definition of a stay.
Hilton Gold status is typically earned after 20 stays, 40 nights or by earning 75,000 Base Points in a calendar year (which equates to $7,500 in spending). Likewise, Diamond status is typically earned after 30 stays, 60 nights or by earning 120,000 Base Points in a calendar year (which equates to $12,000 in spending). Assuming you end up staying at Hilton enough to earn your status level though stays, nights or Base Points, TPG values Honors Gold status at $860 and Honors Diamond status at $1,915. Hence, there’s substantial value to be found with this status match.
Don’t want to — or can’t — status match or earn status through stays, nights or spend? Hilton Gold status comes as an automatic benefit of the following credit cards:
- Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
Want Diamond status? It comes as an automatic benefit on the Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express. Or, you could sign up for the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card which comes with IHG Platinum status — which readers have reported matching to Hilton Honors Diamond on past versions of this status match.
Featured image courtesy of Jewel Dunn’s River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios, Curio Collection by Hilton
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees