Amazing deal: Save 50% on all long-haul Avios redemptions for a limited time
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways has launched one of the best redemption sales we’ve seen in years. On Tuesday, the carrier’s Executive Club launched a massive sale where you can spend 50% fewer Avios on long-haul redemptions and 25% fewer Avios on short-haul redemptions.
Best of all, these savings can be used in any cabin of service. In other words, you can fly in BA’s first class for 50% fewer Avios than you would otherwise be used to spending.
Sign up to receive the TPG daily newsletter for more points and miles news and deals!
Before getting into some of the specifics, note that this is a limited-time offer. And when it expires, it’s unlikely to make a return. You must book before Oct. 13, for travel between Oct. 6, 2020, and June 6, 2021 — you can book far enough in advance to take advantage of summer 2021 holiday savings.
Offer from ShermansTravel: 4 nights at luxury Riviera Maya resort: travel any time in the next 18 months; $299+
This offer is especially lucrative because it isn’t limited to the cheapest economy fares. Instead, you can book in BA’s First cabin or in Club World/Club Suite for half the price of a ticket you would normally get. So while you can book long-haul economy awards for a fraction of the price, if you’ve long had a premium cabin redemption on the mind, this could be the perfect opportunity to book it.
There’s no need to enter a code when searching. Instead, the reduced price — whether it’s 50% or 25%, depending on the destination — should show as the result. Keep in mind, however, you will still be responsible for paying the taxes, fees and surcharges on the award ticket, which can be exorbitant — especially if it’s travel originating in the U.K. Also keep in mind that the discount applies only to BA-operated flights, though for both one-way and return itineraries.
Here are some examples of what you could book:
New York (JFK) to London (LHR) for 6,500 Avios + $83 one-way in economy:
New York (JFK) to London (LHR) for 34,000 Avios + $569 one-way in First:
Los Angeles (LAX) to London (LHR) for 31,250 Avios + $748 one-way in Club World:
Los Angeles (LAX) to London (LHR) for 42,500 Avios + $748 one-way in First:
Chicago (ORD) to London (LHR) for 50,000 Avios + $1,805 return in Club World:
The offer is also eligible to be used with a BA Travel Together Ticket from the British Airways Visa Signature credit card, allowing you to unlock absolutely incredible value. If you have a Travel Together Ticket, this is an opportunity to unlock perhaps the greatest value you will ever get from your Avios. For example, you can book yourself and a companion on a reward for 50% of the cost of a trip for one person.
If you’re short on Avios at the moment, keep in mind that it’s easy to rack up that balance quickly. Perhaps the quickest way of all is by transferring American Express Membership Rewards to the British Airways Executive Club. Points transfer at a 1:1 rate, meaning 1,000 Amex points can be transferred to your BA account and become 1,000 Avios. The transfers are instantaneous.
Additional reporting by Victoria Walker.
Featured photo by Nicky Kelvin/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees