Hainan Airlines axes limo service for business-class passengers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hainan Airlines shared on its website that it has discontinued its chauffeur service for business-class passengers, effective September 25, 2019. If you’ve already made a reservation for the service, it will still be honored, but no future reservations can be made.
The carrier says that it will “provide more diversified services to meet the needs of passengers,” but shared no additional details as to what that could mean. Hainan only offered its limo service on a handful of routes and only for revenue tickets, but often the carrier’s phenomenal business-class fares qualified.
While this development is disappointing, it’s certainly not out of the norm for the industry. Recently, Etihad cut its chauffeur service for business- and first-class passengers traveling on award tickets, and Emirates has also restricted its offering to those who have purchased revenue tickets in business or first class.
Hainan is generally regarded as one of the top Mainland Chinese carriers, and it currently offers nonstop service from seven U.S. cities to multiple destinations in China. However, the parent company of the airline, HNA Group, has been struggling financially amid an economic slowdown in China as well as the ongoing trade war with the United States. As a result, the airline will be dropping its twice-weekly nonstop flight between Las Vegas (LAS) and Beijing (PEK).
Featured image by Javi Rodriguez / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.