Emirates Places Further Limits on Chauffeur Drive Service
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates has been making changes to who can take advantage of its chauffeur service. The travel perk, normally available to anyone flying in First or Business class, has been restricted to only paying passengers. The airline announced that from March 1, 2019, the service would no longer be available for passengers who were flying on reward redemption tickets, or if you had used miles to upgrade to a higher class of service from a coach ticket.
In a move that is expanding the restrictions to the service, the airline has more recently announced that it will no longer offer the service to passengers who booked Business or First class tickets with points through their partner airline Qantas. Qantas, who offers the same type of service, has said they will honor any bookings made before March 1 for travel through March of 2020 for Emirates customers flying with Qantas. The airline also will continue to offer the service for passengers who book Business or First class reward tickets on Qantas flights using Qantas points.
Featured Photo by Emirates
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.