Google’s Travel-Friendly Pixel 3 Available for $300 Off
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Google Pixel 3 is one of the best Android devices available, especially for travel. The Pixel 3 might even sway an iPhone user to ditch their Apple mobile device.
Ahead of the new Pixel 4’s release, Google is offering its Pixel 3 for $300 less than usual. Google’s latest generation Pixel 3 is now on sale starting at just $499 plus tax, while the larger Pixel 3 XL is on sale for $599 plus tax. The phones usually start at $799 and $899 respectively and come unlocked, allowing users to pick their preferred carrier. The Pixel sale runs through September 28, 2019.
The Pixel 3 works with Google Fi, Google’s mobile service. Google Fi is widely considered to be one of the best mobile carriers for travel. Google Fi starts at $20 per month for unlimited talk and text with data starting at $10 per gigabyte. What makes Google Fi especially appealing for travelers is the lack of roaming fees. When you use your Pixel 3 on Google Fi, you won’t pay additional fees to use your mobile data in over 200 countries.
If like many travelers, you like to capture photos during your trip, the Pixel 3 is widely considered the best smartphone for photography. TPG’s own Zach Honig used his Pixel 3 to capture stunning low-light images for a tour of United’s Boeing 787-10 cabin.
While Google Fi offers its own protection plans, there are numerous credit cards that also allow you to protect your device should you damage or misplace your Pixel 3. When you use a credit card that offers mobile device protection to pay for your monthly phone bill, the device protection will kick in. Here are a few top credit cards that offer mobile device protection for situations such as the following:
- iPhone XS water damage on the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
- LG Nexus 5X motherboard failure on the Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Apple Watch cracked screen on The Platinum Card® from American Express
Google is set to unveil the tech giant’s new flagship smartphone, the Pixel 4, sometime this fall.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Timothy A. Clary/AFP/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees