This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Four new affordable hotels are coming to the western region of Walt Disney World at Flamingo Crossings. The hotels provide options for points gurus looking to gain status or redeem points without having to leave the Disney region for their vacation.
Disney has said for about a decade now that Flamingo Crossings was going to be constructed. Two hotels actually opened in 2016 in Flamingo Crossings — a SpringHill Suites and a TownePlace Suites. But we are only now seeing Disney truly focus its efforts to develop a region that will target budget travelers to the mixed-use complex on its western edge.
Official plans have been made to introduce two Hilton hotels – a Home2 Suites and a Homewood Suites – and two Marriotts – a Fairfield Inn and a Residence Inn. From the renderings that the hotels are projecting, it seems like you won’t be missing out on the Disney amenities at the non-Disney hotels: Just think pools with waterslides and pool bars, retention ponds and forest views.
Disney seems to be constantly finding new ways to keep customers at different price points as close as possible (and as far as possible from its biggest competitor, Universal). TPG did an extensive run-down on the new attractions coming to Florida theme parks this summer, and Disney making it hard to say no. Among some of the new features: Disney is unveiling Toy Story Land on June 30, and Magic Kingdom is expanding its alcohol service at its restaurants.
For more tips on how to save on a Disney hotel using points, read this TPG Reader Success Story.
H/T: Orlando Weekly
Featured image by Thomas Kelley via Unsplash.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees