Going to Disney World Is About to Get a Little Bit Cheaper
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Four new affordable hotels are coming to the western region of Walt Disney World at Flamingo Crossings. The hotels provide options for points gurus looking to gain status or redeem points without having to leave the Disney region for their vacation.
Disney has said for about a decade now that Flamingo Crossings was going to be constructed. Two hotels actually opened in 2016 in Flamingo Crossings — a SpringHill Suites and a TownePlace Suites. But we are only now seeing Disney truly focus its efforts to develop a region that will target budget travelers to the mixed-use complex on its western edge.
Official plans have been made to introduce two Hilton hotels – a Home2 Suites and a Homewood Suites – and two Marriotts – a Fairfield Inn and a Residence Inn. From the renderings that the hotels are projecting, it seems like you won’t be missing out on the Disney amenities at the non-Disney hotels: Just think pools with waterslides and pool bars, retention ponds and forest views.
Disney seems to be constantly finding new ways to keep customers at different price points as close as possible (and as far as possible from its biggest competitor, Universal). TPG did an extensive run-down on the new attractions coming to Florida theme parks this summer, and Disney making it hard to say no. Among some of the new features: Disney is unveiling Toy Story Land on June 30, and Magic Kingdom is expanding its alcohol service at its restaurants.
For more tips on how to save on a Disney hotel using points, read this TPG Reader Success Story.
H/T: Orlando Weekly
Featured image by Thomas Kelley via Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.