Going to Disney World Is About to Get a Little Bit Cheaper
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Four new affordable hotels are coming to the western region of Walt Disney World at Flamingo Crossings. The hotels provide options for points gurus looking to gain status or redeem points without having to leave the Disney region for their vacation.
Disney has said for about a decade now that Flamingo Crossings was going to be constructed. Two hotels actually opened in 2016 in Flamingo Crossings — a SpringHill Suites and a TownePlace Suites. But we are only now seeing Disney truly focus its efforts to develop a region that will target budget travelers to the mixed-use complex on its western edge.
Official plans have been made to introduce two Hilton hotels – a Home2 Suites and a Homewood Suites – and two Marriotts – a Fairfield Inn and a Residence Inn. From the renderings that the hotels are projecting, it seems like you won’t be missing out on the Disney amenities at the non-Disney hotels: Just think pools with waterslides and pool bars, retention ponds and forest views.
Disney seems to be constantly finding new ways to keep customers at different price points as close as possible (and as far as possible from its biggest competitor, Universal). TPG did an extensive run-down on the new attractions coming to Florida theme parks this summer, and Disney making it hard to say no. Among some of the new features: Disney is unveiling Toy Story Land on June 30, and Magic Kingdom is expanding its alcohol service at its restaurants.
For more tips on how to save on a Disney hotel using points, read this TPG Reader Success Story.
H/T: Orlando Weekly
Featured image by Thomas Kelley via Unsplash.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.