This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Four new affordable hotels are coming to the western region of Walt Disney World at Flamingo Crossings. The hotels provide options for points gurus looking to gain status or redeem points without having to leave the Disney region for their vacation.
Disney has said for about a decade now that Flamingo Crossings was going to be constructed. Two hotels actually opened in 2016 in Flamingo Crossings — a SpringHill Suites and a TownePlace Suites. But we are only now seeing Disney truly focus its efforts to develop a region that will target budget travelers to the mixed-use complex on its western edge.
Official plans have been made to introduce two Hilton hotels – a Home2 Suites and a Homewood Suites – and two Marriotts – a Fairfield Inn and a Residence Inn. From the renderings that the hotels are projecting, it seems like you won’t be missing out on the Disney amenities at the non-Disney hotels: Just think pools with waterslides and pool bars, retention ponds and forest views.
Disney seems to be constantly finding new ways to keep customers at different price points as close as possible (and as far as possible from its biggest competitor, Universal). TPG did an extensive run-down on the new attractions coming to Florida theme parks this summer, and Disney making it hard to say no. Among some of the new features: Disney is unveiling Toy Story Land on June 30, and Magic Kingdom is expanding its alcohol service at its restaurants.
For more tips on how to save on a Disney hotel using points, read this TPG Reader Success Story.
H/T: Orlando Weekly
Featured image by Thomas Kelley via Unsplash.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees