Going to Disney World Is About to Get a Little Bit Cheaper
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Four new affordable hotels are coming to the western region of Walt Disney World at Flamingo Crossings. The hotels provide options for points gurus looking to gain status or redeem points without having to leave the Disney region for their vacation.
Disney has said for about a decade now that Flamingo Crossings was going to be constructed. Two hotels actually opened in 2016 in Flamingo Crossings — a SpringHill Suites and a TownePlace Suites. But we are only now seeing Disney truly focus its efforts to develop a region that will target budget travelers to the mixed-use complex on its western edge.
Official plans have been made to introduce two Hilton hotels – a Home2 Suites and a Homewood Suites – and two Marriotts – a Fairfield Inn and a Residence Inn. From the renderings that the hotels are projecting, it seems like you won’t be missing out on the Disney amenities at the non-Disney hotels: Just think pools with waterslides and pool bars, retention ponds and forest views.
Disney seems to be constantly finding new ways to keep customers at different price points as close as possible (and as far as possible from its biggest competitor, Universal). TPG did an extensive run-down on the new attractions coming to Florida theme parks this summer, and Disney making it hard to say no. Among some of the new features: Disney is unveiling Toy Story Land on June 30, and Magic Kingdom is expanding its alcohol service at its restaurants.
For more tips on how to save on a Disney hotel using points, read this TPG Reader Success Story.
H/T: Orlando Weekly
Featured image by Thomas Kelley via Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees