This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Global Entry is one of the best programs for travelers. It grants those signed up to bypass airports’ ridiculously long customs lines for expedited clearance into the United States. Once registered in Global Entry, you’ll also be signed up for TSA PreCheck, which allows you to skip most travelers in the security line on departing flights.
Only two countries outside the US have enrollment centers — Canada and Qatar.
But for a limited time, US Customs and Border Protection is hosting Global Entry enrollment at the US Embassy in London. The embassy, located at 33 Nine Elms Lane, London SW11 7US, will allow sign-ups until May 3. The enrollment center will be open Monday through Friday, from 8am to 4:30pm — although CBP officers will only interview Global Entry applicants with appointments.
You’ll have to apply for Global Entry online first before you can make an appointment at the embassy’s enrollment center. Note that appointments won’t be available on Good Friday (March 30) and Easter Monday (April 2).
US and UK citizens, as well as citizens of 10 other countries, can apply for Global Entry. UK citizens will first have to register through the UK Home Office if they want to be eligible.
Remember that a slew of credit cards offer $100 credits to cover the cost of a Global Entry application. Here are TPG’s top cards for Global Entry and TSA PreCheck:
- Platinum Card from American Express
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Citi Prestige
- Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
- U.S. Bank FlexPerks Gold American Express Card
- Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card
US citizens can also complete their interview at select US airports on arrival from international trips.
H/T: God Save the Points
Featured image by Katherine Frey/The Washington Post/Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards