This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Global Entry is one of the best programs for travelers. It grants those signed up to bypass airports’ ridiculously long customs lines for expedited clearance into the United States. Once registered in Global Entry, you’ll also be signed up for TSA PreCheck, which allows you to skip most travelers in the security line on departing flights.
Only two countries outside the US have enrollment centers — Canada and Qatar.
But for a limited time, US Customs and Border Protection is hosting Global Entry enrollment at the US Embassy in London. The embassy, located at 33 Nine Elms Lane, London SW11 7US, will allow sign-ups until May 3. The enrollment center will be open Monday through Friday, from 8am to 4:30pm — although CBP officers will only interview Global Entry applicants with appointments.
You’ll have to apply for Global Entry online first before you can make an appointment at the embassy’s enrollment center. Note that appointments won’t be available on Good Friday (March 30) and Easter Monday (April 2).
US and UK citizens, as well as citizens of 10 other countries, can apply for Global Entry. UK citizens will first have to register through the UK Home Office if they want to be eligible.
Remember that a slew of credit cards offer $100 credits to cover the cost of a Global Entry application. Here are TPG’s top cards for Global Entry and TSA PreCheck:
- Platinum Card from American Express
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Citi Prestige
- Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard
- U.S. Bank FlexPerks Gold American Express Card
- Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card
US citizens can also complete their interview at select US airports on arrival from international trips.
H/T: God Save the Points
Featured image by Katherine Frey/The Washington Post/Getty Images.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees