Get 50% off Uber rides when you pay with Venmo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The weekend is coming up, and I’m sure many of you’ll be taking an Uber at some point. Why not save some money while you’re at it?
Uber is sending emails to targeted customers about a new promotion that could save you 50% on your next five rides. Here’s what you need to know.
You’ll score 50% off each of your next 5 rides when you pay with Venmo (up to $10 per ride). You’ll just need to make sure you select Venmo as your payment method before requesting a ride in the Uber app. Even better? There’s no code necessary as the offer is already applied to your account. Just make sure you’re actually targeted for the offer, you should see an email like the one above if you were selected.
In order to make sure you’re getting the most out of your Uber rides, make sure you’re using the right credit card for each ride. To help you maximize the points earned on Uber rides or enjoy some credits toward free rides, check out this guide to see which cards you should add to your purse or wallet.
The Platinum Card® from American Express is one of the best options out there for Uber perks. As an Amex Platinum cardholder, you’ll receive up to $200 in Uber credits to use annually. You’ll get $15 to use each month, plus a $20 bonus in December. You’ll also get Uber VIP status which matches you with highly rated drivers.
Just make sure to select your card as a payment option in the Uber app. The monthly credits will then be loaded into your Uber Cash account automatically at the beginning of each month. And if you don’t want to use your Uber credit on your next rideshare, you can also apply it to your next food delivery order with UberEats.
Featured image by Olly Curtis/Future via Getty Images.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee