Get 50% off Uber rides when you pay with Venmo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The weekend is coming up, and I’m sure many of you’ll be taking an Uber at some point. Why not save some money while you’re at it?
Uber is sending emails to targeted customers about a new promotion that could save you 50% on your next five rides. Here’s what you need to know.
You’ll score 50% off each of your next 5 rides when you pay with Venmo (up to $10 per ride). You’ll just need to make sure you select Venmo as your payment method before requesting a ride in the Uber app. Even better? There’s no code necessary as the offer is already applied to your account. Just make sure you’re actually targeted for the offer, you should see an email like the one above if you were selected.
In order to make sure you’re getting the most out of your Uber rides, make sure you’re using the right credit card for each ride. To help you maximize the points earned on Uber rides or enjoy some credits toward free rides, check out this guide to see which cards you should add to your purse or wallet.
The Platinum Card® from American Express is one of the best options out there for Uber perks. As an Amex Platinum cardholder, you’ll receive up to $200 in Uber credits to use annually. You’ll get $15 to use each month, plus a $20 bonus in December. You’ll also get Uber VIP status which matches you with highly rated drivers.
Just make sure to select your card as a payment option in the Uber app. The monthly credits will then be loaded into your Uber Cash account automatically at the beginning of each month. And if you don’t want to use your Uber credit on your next rideshare, you can also apply it to your next food delivery order with UberEats.
Featured image by Olly Curtis/Future via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees