Uber Is Rolling Out Pay With Venmo Feature
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Uber and PayPal announced on Thursday the two companies will be collaborating to roll out an option for Uber customers to pay with their rides with their Venmo balance in “coming weeks.”
When the feature goes live, “Pay with Venmo” will pop up as a payment option within the ride-sharing app’s menu.
Uber said that more than 6 million people mentioned the ride-sharing company in Venmo transactions in 2017, presumably splitting rides with friends. The two companies contend this collaboration will simplify that fare-splitting process. Uber customers will also be able to pay for UberEATS, the company’s food delivery venture, with PayPal-owned Venmo, too.
— dara khosrowshahi (@dkhos) July 12, 2018
“Adding Venmo as a way to pay within Uber and UberEATS furthers our mission to provide a seamless way to pay for the services that matter most to our customers,” PayPal COO Bill Ready said in a statement.
Uber is the first ride-sharing company to directly feature a Venmo payment option within its app. But, the agreement is not exclusive, so Uber’s top competitor, Lyft, could also potentially add the option down the line.
H/T: Tech Crunch
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.