Frontier offering $50 credit if you cancel your flight by Monday
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Ultralow cost carrier Frontier Airlines is giving you a little extra if you cancel your flights by Monday at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time.
In a limited-time waiver policy, the airline said it will give passengers an extra $50 if they back out of an itinerary for travel between March 22 and June 17 by March 23.
“Your $50 per person voucher can be redeemed through December 31, 2020, for travel through the end of Frontier’s then available schedule. This is in addition to a credit applicable to a future Frontier flight for the full amount of your unused ticket,” the airline said in a statement.
Itineraries are only eligible if they were booked on or before March 20, and the $50 voucher should come by email within 72 hours of cancellation.
Frontier is far from alone in relaxing its rebooking and cancellation rules during the coronavirus pandemic. Most U.S. airlines have instituted fee waivers for itinerary changes. Frontier, however, seems to be the first that’s actually paying you to rebook your flight.
Featured photo by Daniel Slim/AFP via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.