The Easy Way to Get Free 2-Day Shipping From Over 100 Retailers With Your Credit Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
File under: Useful credit card perks that fly under the radar.
There’s a online shopping program that rivals Amazon Prime’s 2-day free shipping, and you might be able to get it for free — if you have an American Express card, that is. It’s called ShopRunner, and it’s a membership program that partners with retailers to get you expedited shipping.
Some popular featured stores include Bloomingdale’s, Lord & Taylor, Rebecca Minkoff, Bergdorf Goodman, BCBG Maxazria, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue and more. Plus, if you have The Platinum Card® from American Express, remember that you get a $100 credit to Saks every year. How’s that for double dipping?
ShopRunner usually costs $79/year, but play your cards right and you can get it for free… pun intended. Eligible cards include:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- American Express® Gold Card
- The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
The information for the Amex EveryDay, and Amex EveryDay Preferred has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Just keep in mind that this doesn’t include American Express cards from other financial institutions, such as the Wells Fargo Propel Amex card.
Here’s how it works:
- Enroll your card at shoprunner.com/amex
- Shop at any store that participates in ShopRunner (and don’t forget to use a shopping portal!)
- Select ShopRunner-eligible items
- Choose ShopRunner at checkout and sign into your account
See? Easy! The only other thing to note is that most retailers have a minimum order value of about $25, which shouldn’t be too hard to reach.
Wedding season is in full swing and Father’s Day is around the corner, so next time you’re eyeing something from your favorite store, keep in mind you might be able to get it sooner than you think thanks to Amex’s ShopRunner benefit.
Featured image by filadendron / Getty Images.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees