The Easy Way to Get Free 2-Day Shipping From Over 100 Retailers With Your Credit Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
File under: Useful credit card perks that fly under the radar.
There’s a online shopping program that rivals Amazon Prime’s 2-day free shipping, and you might be able to get it for free — if you have an American Express card, that is. It’s called ShopRunner, and it’s a membership program that partners with retailers to get you expedited shipping.
Some popular featured stores include Bloomingdale’s, Lord & Taylor, Rebecca Minkoff, Bergdorf Goodman, BCBG Maxazria, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue and more. Plus, if you have The Platinum Card® from American Express, remember that you get an up to $100 annual statement credit to Saks every calendar year (enrollment required). How’s that for double dipping?
ShopRunner usually costs $79/year, but play your cards right and you can get it complimentary… pun intended. Eligible cards include (enrollment required):
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- American Express® Gold Card
- The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
The information for the Amex EveryDay, and Amex EveryDay Preferred has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Just keep in mind that this doesn’t include American Express cards from other financial institutions, such as the Wells Fargo Propel Amex card.
Here’s how it works:
- Enroll your card at shoprunner.com/amex
- Shop at any store that participates in ShopRunner (and don’t forget to use a shopping portal!)
- Select ShopRunner-eligible items
- Choose ShopRunner at checkout and sign into your account
See? Easy! The only other thing to note is that most retailers have a minimum order value of about $25, which shouldn’t be too hard to reach.
Wedding season is in full swing and Father’s Day is around the corner, so next time you’re eyeing something from your favorite store, keep in mind you might be able to get it sooner than you think thanks to Amex’s ShopRunner benefit.
Featured image by filadendron / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees