The Easy Way to Get Free 2-Day Shipping From Over 100 Retailers With Your Credit Card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
File under: Useful credit card perks that fly under the radar.
There’s a online shopping program that rivals Amazon Prime’s 2-day free shipping, and you might be able to get it for free — if you have an American Express card, that is. It’s called ShopRunner, and it’s a membership program that partners with retailers to get you expedited shipping.
Some popular featured stores include Bloomingdale’s, Lord & Taylor, Rebecca Minkoff, Bergdorf Goodman, BCBG Maxazria, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue and more. Plus, if you have The Platinum Card® from American Express, remember that you get a $100 credit to Saks every year (enrollment required). How’s that for double dipping?
ShopRunner usually costs $79/year, but play your cards right and you can get it for free… pun intended. Eligible cards include (enrollment required):
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- American Express® Gold Card
- The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
The information for the Amex EveryDay, and Amex EveryDay Preferred has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Just keep in mind that this doesn’t include American Express cards from other financial institutions, such as the Wells Fargo Propel Amex card.
Here’s how it works:
- Enroll your card at shoprunner.com/amex
- Shop at any store that participates in ShopRunner (and don’t forget to use a shopping portal!)
- Select ShopRunner-eligible items
- Choose ShopRunner at checkout and sign into your account
See? Easy! The only other thing to note is that most retailers have a minimum order value of about $25, which shouldn’t be too hard to reach.
Wedding season is in full swing and Father’s Day is around the corner, so next time you’re eyeing something from your favorite store, keep in mind you might be able to get it sooner than you think thanks to Amex’s ShopRunner benefit.
Featured image by filadendron / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees