Big savings on Premium Economy with March Flying Blue Promo Rewards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From paid ticket sales to redemption promotions, there are a seemingly endless number of opportunities to book travel at a discount — sometimes, you just need to be patient, and something interesting will come around.
Few sales are as reliable as the Promo Rewards we see each month from Air France-KLM Flying Blue, which regularly appear on the Flying Blue website.
This month, the airline group is offering discounts for travel in a variety of cabins on flights departing North America, with reduced rates for flights booked in economy and premium economy. For example, you can book:
- Washington (IAD) to Paris for 20,625 miles one-way in economy
- Seattle (SEA) to Paris is 43,125 miles for one-way Premium Economy
- Washington (IAD) to Tel Aviv for 19,500 miles one-way in economy
To see the exact price of your desired flight, you’ll have to check your particular route and date.
You can also use the deal to save on flights within Europe — passengers traveling to or from France can book one-way flights starting at just 3,600 miles.
This round of discounted flights can be booked from now through March 30, 2020, with travel dates from Apr. 30 through June 29, 2020. The program also offers monthly discounts on routes to destinations in the Caribbean, Asia the Middle East and more — all of the deals are listed right here.
TPG currently values Flying Blue miles at 1.2 cents each, meaning you could spend just $234 worth of miles for a one-way economy flight from Washington to Tel Aviv. It’s important to note that Flying Blue adds surcharges to its award flights, though — in this case, you’re looking at about $84 for the one-way flight, bringing an effective total to a reasonable $318. Still, it’s always a good idea to check cash fares before booking.
Fortunately, it’s easy to boost your Flying Blue balance, since the program partners with all of the major transferable points currencies. You can transfer points 1:1 from American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards and Citi ThankYou Rewards. You can also transfer Capital One miles to Flying Blue at a 2:1.5 ratio or transfer Marriott points at a 3:1 ratio, plus a 5,000-mile bonus for every 60,000 points you transfer.
Based on our tests, Amex, Capital One, Chase and Citi transfers should post instantly — once you initiate a transfer, your miles should be available to redeem immediately. That wasn’t the case with our test transfer from Marriott, though, which took three days to arrive in our Flying Blue account — in other words, credit card points are your best bet if you’re hoping to book right away.
Editor’s Note: This is The Points Guy’s permanent page for Flying Blue promotions. It will be updated as new ones are released.
Featured photo of KLM’s 773 Premium Economy by Brendan Dorsey/The Points Guy.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees