December’s Flying Blue Promo Rewards: Deals on economy, premium economy and business flights worldwide
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France-KLM Flying Blue is back with its monthly Promo Rewards. The promo is live as of Dec. 1 on the Flying Blue website.
This month, we’re seeing a few deals departing North America in economy, premium economy and business class. For instance, Boston to Europe will only run you 23,000 miles round-trip in economy while New York to Europe is 45,500 miles round-trip in premium economy.
The deal is available from Dec. 1 to Dec. 31, with travel dates from Feb. 1 through Mar. 31, 2020. Flying Blue also offers monthly discounts on routes to other destinations in Asia, South America, Europe and more — you can see those deals here.
TPG values Flying Blue miles at 1.2 cents each, meaning you’re spending $354 worth of miles for a round-trip economy flight from Minneapolis to Europe. Unfortunately, Flying Blue adds a fair amount of surcharges to its award flights, so you’ll want to check the cash prices before booking.
The good news is that Flying Blue miles are some of the easiest to earn, as the program partners with all of the major transferable points currencies. You can transfer points 1:1 from Chase Ultimate Rewards, American Express Membership Rewards and Citi ThankYou Rewards. You can also transfer Capital One miles to Flying Blue at a 2:1.5 ratio or transfer Marriott points at a 3:1 ratio plus a 5,000-mile bonus for every 60,000 points you transfer.
Note that Amex, Chase, Citi and Capital One all should process these transfers instantly based on our tests, so you won’t need to worry about the points not arriving right away. Our test transfer from Marriott, on the other hand, took three days to arrive in our Flying Blue account, so for the purposes of this promotion, stick with one of the credit card programs.
Editor’s Note: This is The Points Guy’s permanent page for Flying Blue promotions. It will be updated as new ones are released.
Additional reporting by Carissa Rawson and Liz Hund.
Featured photo by Ryan Patterson/The Points Guy.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees