This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France and KLM’s Flying Blue awards program has just launched new monthly promo rewards that offer discounts on select flights to Europe.
In June you can get discounts on economy awards from Atlanta (ATL) and Houston (IAH) to Europe and business class awards between Chicago (ORD) and Europe. There are many other discounted routes, but those all originate outside of the US. You can see the full list here.
Flights from Atlanta and Houston to Europe in economy start from 14,500 miles one-way (down from 21,500 miles), while one-way business awards price from 43,500 miles one-way (down from 53,000 miles on the low end or 72,000 miles on the high end).
When Flying Blue got rid of region-based award charts last year, the program started pricing flights depending on what route you’re flying. A round-trip award from Chicago (ORD) to Rome (FCO) would normally cost 106,000 miles with about $530 in taxes and fees while a round-trip from Chicago to Nice (NCE) could cost 144,000 miles round-trip plus fees.
With the promo awards the price should go down to 87,000 round-trip on some routes, although the cash surcharges will stay the same. Discounts should measure in at about 25% off the typical price. However, you may not see the discounted prices apply to all awards, so you may have to do some extra searching to find the promotion.
The awards are bookable starting tomorrow, June 1 through June 30. However, travel needs to occur from Aug. 1 through Sept. 30, 2019.
Since Flying Blue includes both Air France and KLM’s awards, you can book discounted flights on both of the airlines. Air France flies an Airbus A330 from Chicago to Paris with its older business-class product, but you can catch a ride on KLM’s Boeing 747 from Chicago to Paris.
Starting tomorrow, you can earn a 20% bonus when transferring Capital One miles to Flying Blue. You can also instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou Points to Flying Blue at 1:1 ratio.
Marriott Bonvoy points convert to Flying Blue miles at a 3:1 ratio plus a 5,000-mile bonus for every 60,000 points transferred — meaning you’ll get 25,000 miles for transferring 60,000 points. These transfers took three days when we tested.
Featured image by Nicolas Economou/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees