Your first look at the new SAS Airbus A350 that will serve Chicago
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Scandinavian Airlines has taken delivery of the first of eight Airbus A350s it has on order. The new plane will start flying on Jan. 28, with Chicago as its first planned destination from Copenhagen.
The airline said the new aircraft meant an improved experience for passengers.
“Travelers can look forward to even more comfortable flights, including a cabin with new seat models and unique, customized SAS solutions. The new aircraft is composed of the latest aerodynamic design and technology meaning unrivaled levels of operational efficiency,” SAS said in a statement.
The A350 will have 40 business class seats in a 1-2-1 configuration. According to the airline, the seats have an 18.5 inch screen and foot massage capabilities, among other amenities.
It will also include 32 updated “SAS Plus” seats.
And the aircraft will have 228 economy seats, with USB power for every passenger.
“The aircraft is one of our biggest investments, enabling us to provide an outstanding travel experience,” Rickard Gustafson, the airlines president and CEO said in a statement. “We look forward to welcoming our passengers on board this state-of the-art aircraft.”
Over the course of 2020, the A350 will visit seven cities: Chicago, Beijing, New York, Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong and San Francisco.
This article was updated to reflect that the A350 is not the first SAS aircraft to offer a premium economy cabin.
All images courtesy of SAS.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees