Your first look at the new SAS Airbus A350 that will serve Chicago
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Scandinavian Airlines has taken delivery of the first of eight Airbus A350s it has on order. The new plane will start flying on Jan. 28, with Chicago as its first planned destination from Copenhagen.
The airline said the new aircraft meant an improved experience for passengers.
“Travelers can look forward to even more comfortable flights, including a cabin with new seat models and unique, customized SAS solutions. The new aircraft is composed of the latest aerodynamic design and technology meaning unrivaled levels of operational efficiency,” SAS said in a statement.
The A350 will have 40 business class seats in a 1-2-1 configuration. According to the airline, the seats have an 18.5 inch screen and foot massage capabilities, among other amenities.
It will also include 32 updated “SAS Plus” seats.
And the aircraft will have 228 economy seats, with USB power for every passenger.
“The aircraft is one of our biggest investments, enabling us to provide an outstanding travel experience,” Rickard Gustafson, the airlines president and CEO said in a statement. “We look forward to welcoming our passengers on board this state-of the-art aircraft.”
Over the course of 2020, the A350 will visit seven cities: Chicago, Beijing, New York, Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong and San Francisco.
This article was updated to reflect that the A350 is not the first SAS aircraft to offer a premium economy cabin.
All images courtesy of SAS.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.