Amex’s Expanded Miami Centurion Lounge Is Now Open
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Miami’s much-improved Centurion Lounge is now open! Following a sizable 4,000-square-foot expansion, this latest refresh now offers a total of 12,300 square feet, making it one of the largest Amex lounges in the world.
By repurposing what was formally a section of the roof at Miami International Airport (MIA)’s Concourse D, Amex was able to keep its existing lounge location near gate D12. Following the refresh, guests will have access from 5am until 10pm each day, though agents may choose to extend the hours to accommodate flight delays.
MIA will be the first location to offer a dedicated cold buffet — in addition to the existing hot-item selection — with a mix of dishes created by Michelle Bernstein, a James Beard Award winner and local Miami chef. Options range from a Greek yogurt bar at breakfast to chilled soups, salads, sandwiches and more for lunch and dinner.
Travelers can access the lounge with two guests by flashing a valid Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express. As of March 22, 2019, Platinum cardmembers will only be able to enter the lounge with a boarding pass for a flight departing within three hours, though Centurion members will continue to have unrestricted access.
For a closer look at the space and amenities, see our First Look at Amex’s Expanded Centurion Lounge in Miami.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees