Amex’s Expanded Miami Centurion Lounge Is Now Open
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Miami’s much-improved Centurion Lounge is now open! Following a sizable 4,000-square-foot expansion, this latest refresh now offers a total of 12,300 square feet, making it one of the largest Amex lounges in the world.
By repurposing what was formally a section of the roof at Miami International Airport (MIA)’s Concourse D, Amex was able to keep its existing lounge location near gate D12. Following the refresh, guests will have access from 5am until 10pm each day, though agents may choose to extend the hours to accommodate flight delays.
MIA will be the first location to offer a dedicated cold buffet — in addition to the existing hot-item selection — with a mix of dishes created by Michelle Bernstein, a James Beard Award winner and local Miami chef. Options range from a Greek yogurt bar at breakfast to chilled soups, salads, sandwiches and more for lunch and dinner.
Travelers can access the lounge with two guests by flashing a valid Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express (enrollment required). As of March 22, 2019, Platinum cardmembers will only be able to enter the lounge with a boarding pass for a flight departing within three hours, though Centurion members will continue to have unrestricted access.
For a closer look at the space and amenities, see our First Look at Amex’s Expanded Centurion Lounge in Miami.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- New! American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees