This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Miami’s much-improved Centurion Lounge is now open! Following a sizable 4,000-square-foot expansion, this latest refresh now offers a total of 12,300 square feet, making it one of the largest Amex lounges in the world.
By repurposing what was formally a section of the roof at Miami International Airport (MIA)’s Concourse D, Amex was able to keep its existing lounge location near gate D12. Following the refresh, guests will have access from 5am until 10pm each day, though agents may choose to extend the hours to accommodate flight delays.
MIA will be the first location to offer a dedicated cold buffet — in addition to the existing hot-item selection — with a mix of dishes created by Michelle Bernstein, a James Beard Award winner and local Miami chef. Options range from a Greek yogurt bar at breakfast to chilled soups, salads, sandwiches and more for lunch and dinner.
Travelers can access the lounge with two guests by flashing a valid Centurion Card, The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum® Card from American Express. As of March 22, 2019, Platinum cardmembers will only be able to enter the lounge with a boarding pass for a flight departing within three hours, though Centurion members will continue to have unrestricted access.
For a closer look at the space and amenities, see our First Look at Amex’s Expanded Centurion Lounge in Miami.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at Marriott and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,200 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees