Airline Surprises Passengers With ‘ChristmasWings’ Tacky Christmas Sweater Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An unsuspecting group of passengers on Thursday’s Eurowings flight #9580 from Düsseldorf, Germany, to the Spanish island of Palma de Mallorca boarded their flight to find they’d been chosen for this year’s “ChristmasWings” celebration. The airline stocked each seat with a “festive” Eurowings Christmas sweater.
But the fun was just beginning. During the flight, passengers were served hot chocolate and mulled wine as they were entertained by “a band playing delightful Christmas carols.”
While there might have been some passengers who didn’t care for the surprise part, photos from the flight show mostly delighted passengers.
And it looks like the uptake on the Christmas sweaters was fairly high:
But even the biggest Scrooge’s heart would be warmed once the flight attendants handed out €150 (US$171) flight vouchers for each of the 160 passengers on board.
Perhaps to help differentiate crew from passengers, it looks like the flight attendants wore their normal uniforms with festive neckerchiefs and hats:
But, the pilots donned the Christmas sweaters — at least for a photo:
Even better, the festivities on the short 2-hour flight didn’t cause a delay. According to FlightRadar24 tracking, the flight arrived at the gate in Palma de Mallorca 5 minutes early.
Many commenters on Eurowings’ Facebook post have asked how they can buy one of the sweaters for themselves. Unfortunately, Eurowings isn’t planning on selling these sweaters but tells interested parties to “stay tuned: in the next few days you have the opportunity to win one of the limited Eurowings Christmas Sweaters on our site!”
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
All images posted by Eurowings to its Facebook account unless otherwise noted.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.