This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An unsuspecting group of passengers on Thursday’s Eurowings flight #9580 from Düsseldorf, Germany, to the Spanish island of Palma de Mallorca boarded their flight to find they’d been chosen for this year’s “ChristmasWings” celebration. The airline stocked each seat with a “festive” Eurowings Christmas sweater.
But the fun was just beginning. During the flight, passengers were served hot chocolate and mulled wine as they were entertained by “a band playing delightful Christmas carols.”
While there might have been some passengers who didn’t care for the surprise part, photos from the flight show mostly delighted passengers.
And it looks like the uptake on the Christmas sweaters was fairly high:
But even the biggest Scrooge’s heart would be warmed once the flight attendants handed out €150 (US$171) flight vouchers for each of the 160 passengers on board.
Perhaps to help differentiate crew from passengers, it looks like the flight attendants wore their normal uniforms with festive neckerchiefs and hats:
But, the pilots donned the Christmas sweaters — at least for a photo:
Even better, the festivities on the short 2-hour flight didn’t cause a delay. According to FlightRadar24 tracking, the flight arrived at the gate in Palma de Mallorca 5 minutes early.
Many commenters on Eurowings’ Facebook post have asked how they can buy one of the sweaters for themselves. Unfortunately, Eurowings isn’t planning on selling these sweaters but tells interested parties to “stay tuned: in the next few days you have the opportunity to win one of the limited Eurowings Christmas Sweaters on our site!”
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
All images posted by Eurowings to its Facebook account unless otherwise noted.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards