Airline Surprises Passengers With ‘ChristmasWings’ Tacky Christmas Sweater Flight
An unsuspecting group of passengers on Thursday’s Eurowings flight #9580 from Düsseldorf, Germany, to the Spanish island of Palma de Mallorca boarded their flight to find they’d been chosen for this year’s “ChristmasWings” celebration. The airline stocked each seat with a “festive” Eurowings Christmas sweater.
But the fun was just beginning. During the flight, passengers were served hot chocolate and mulled wine as they were entertained by “a band playing delightful Christmas carols.”
While there might have been some passengers who didn’t care for the surprise part, photos from the flight show mostly delighted passengers.
And it looks like the uptake on the Christmas sweaters was fairly high:
But even the biggest Scrooge’s heart would be warmed once the flight attendants handed out €150 (US$171) flight vouchers for each of the 160 passengers on board.
Perhaps to help differentiate crew from passengers, it looks like the flight attendants wore their normal uniforms with festive neckerchiefs and hats:
But, the pilots donned the Christmas sweaters — at least for a photo:
Even better, the festivities on the short 2-hour flight didn’t cause a delay. According to FlightRadar24 tracking, the flight arrived at the gate in Palma de Mallorca 5 minutes early.
Many commenters on Eurowings’ Facebook post have asked how they can buy one of the sweaters for themselves. Unfortunately, Eurowings isn’t planning on selling these sweaters but tells interested parties to “stay tuned: in the next few days you have the opportunity to win one of the limited Eurowings Christmas Sweaters on our site!”
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
All images posted by Eurowings to its Facebook account unless otherwise noted.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees