Emirates delays launch of Premium Economy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Tim Clark, CEO of Emirates, announced that the airline will be delaying the rollout of its Premium Economy cabin until December 2020.
The delay is being caused by Boeing, which has pushed back the delivery window for the new Boeing 777x, the aircraft on which Emirates had planned on rolling out its new class of service. The original launch date was June 2020.
Issues with engines from General Electric have caused major delays in the 777x program. In addition, a recent pressurization test of the fuselage failed, causing a cargo door to blow off the static test aircraft.
Emirates now plans to roll out Premium Economy cabin on its A380s. Those new cabins should be flying in December of 2020, according to the company.
Emirates is the launch customer for the new Boeing 777x wide-body plane. The company has orders in for 150 of the new aircraft.
Featured Photo by Alberto Riva/TPG
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.