Emirates’ new premium economy debuts: Here’s what we know so far
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Monday, Emirates’ brand new premium economy cabin took to the skies for the first time.
The airline’s newest A380 — registered A6-EVN — is the first aircraft to be fitted with Emirates’ first-ever premium economy product. It departed from Dubai (DXB) for London (LHR) just before 3:00.
So far, we know that as of Monday, this aircraft will operate the daily rotation of EK3 and EK4 from Dubai to London and back. Further routes to feature the new cabin have yet to be announced by the airline.
However, we’ll have to wait a little while longer before we’re able to purchase seats using cash or miles to experience the airline’s latest cabin. Until more of Emirates’ aircraft feature the premium economy cabin, the airline will be offering seats in premium economy on a discretionary basis to valued Emirates customers by way of spot upgrades.
The new cabin features 56 seats in a 2-4-2 layout. Each seat with a width of 19.5 inches, 40 inches of pitch and an 8-inch recline, the spacious new seats are sure to be an upgrade in comfort from economy.
The new A380 aircraft Emirates is set to take delivery of also feature some minor improvements to other cabins on board, including better ergonomically designed seats in economy as well as reupholstered seats in business.
TPG reached out to Emirates to find out more about which routes are planned to feature the new product, as well as the cost in miles but did not receive a response by time of publication.
Featured image courtesy Emirates.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.