Emirates’ new premium economy debuts: Here’s what we know so far
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Monday, Emirates’ brand new premium economy cabin took to the skies for the first time.
The airline’s newest A380 — registered A6-EVN — is the first aircraft to be fitted with Emirates’ first-ever premium economy product. It departed from Dubai (DXB) for London (LHR) just before 3:00.
So far, we know that as of Monday, this aircraft will operate the daily rotation of EK3 and EK4 from Dubai to London and back. Further routes to feature the new cabin have yet to be announced by the airline.
However, we’ll have to wait a little while longer before we’re able to purchase seats using cash or miles to experience the airline’s latest cabin. Until more of Emirates’ aircraft feature the premium economy cabin, the airline will be offering seats in premium economy on a discretionary basis to valued Emirates customers by way of spot upgrades.
The new cabin features 56 seats in a 2-4-2 layout. Each seat with a width of 19.5 inches, 40 inches of pitch and an 8-inch recline, the spacious new seats are sure to be an upgrade in comfort from economy.
The new A380 aircraft Emirates is set to take delivery of also feature some minor improvements to other cabins on board, including better ergonomically designed seats in economy as well as reupholstered seats in business.
TPG reached out to Emirates to find out more about which routes are planned to feature the new product, as well as the cost in miles but did not receive a response by time of publication.
Featured image courtesy Emirates.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees