Elite status extended, when experts say we can travel again and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Every Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know:
This is a big departure from the norm. These are the five aspects of extended status that TPG’s Zach Honig is most excited about.
What we’ve seen this week has painted a grim picture for when airlines seem to expect travel to pick up again.
You’ll need a fairly strong credit score to get this popular card.
If you’ve recently sailed with one of these 21 vessels, please self-quarantine immediately.
Everything you need to know about the complex stimulus bill for financial relief.
This has always been the policy, but enough airlines have tried to flout the mandate that the Department of Transportation had to restate the policy. In fact, airlines that were reluctant to pony up the cash are now being sued.
Some airlines are faring better than others.
“This is the perfect time for most people to renew a passport that expires soon, since you aren’t going right now and you can also beat the rush,” says David Pacella, senior director for strategic partnerships at
Our research shows far lower rates than usual. But whether or not it’s safe to travel then remains yet to be seen, which is why we recommend only booking fully refundable travel.
Featured photo by Alan Copson/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees