Marriott’s planning to open 8 new Edition hotels by the end of 2022
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Edition has become synonymous with minimalistic luxury and gorgeous public spaces that have become magnets for hotel guests and locals alike.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
And this week, the brand announced a major eight-property expansion that will grow its portfolio to 19 properties by the end of 2022.
Here’s a look at the hotels in the pipeline that are scheduled to open by the end of next year. As always with hotels, opening dates are subject to change, and we wouldn’t be surprised if more than one of these projected opening dates is delayed.
The Reykjavik Edition
Edition’s first foray into Iceland will be in a prime downtown Reykjavik location near the city’s Old Harbour port and Laugavegur Street, a major shopping and entertainment thoroughfare in the city. It will offer 253 guest rooms and suites, a rooftop terrace, nightlife options, a spa, a “destination bar” and more.
The Tokyo Edition, Ginza
Joining the recently opened Tokyo Edition, Toranomon, the Japanese capital’s second Edition property will be in the Ginza neighborhood, which is famous for its high-end shopping and plentiful entertainment options. This new construction hotel will have just 86 guest rooms and suites along with three outposts for eating and drinking (including a rooftop bar), a “state-of-the-art fitness center” and meeting space.
The Rome Edition
The first Edition in Italy, this Roman hotel will be located near some of the Eternal City’s most famous attractions including the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain and the Borgehese Gardens and Gallery. It will have just 95 rooms and suites, along with several dining and bar concepts (including a rooftop terrace, a Punch Room bar and a signature restaurant with al fresco dining space), a rooftop pool, a gym and two spa treatment rooms.
The Rome Edition is scheduled to open in “late 2021.” Pricing and Bonvoy category information are not available at the time of this writing.
the Dubai Edition
Adjacent to the ever-popular Dubai Mall, The Dubai Edition will feature 275 guest rooms and suites, several dining and bar options, a pool, a spa, a fitness center as well as meeting spaces and a “flexible ballroom.”
The Dubai Edition is scheduled to open in “late 2021.” Pricing and Bonvoy category information are not available at the time of this writing.
The Madrid Edition
Joining its sister property in Barcelona, The Madrid Edition will be located in the central Puerta del Sol area of the Spanish capital. Boasting 200 rooms and suites — some with terraces — the property will also be home to five food-and-beverage outposts, including a signature restaurant, a cocktail bar, Sky Bar and rooftop terrace, in addition to other amenities like an outdoor pool, a fitness center and a spa.
The Madrid Edition is scheduled to open in “early 2022.” Pricing and Bonvoy category information are not available at the time of this writing.
The Tampa Edition
Set to become the fifth U.S. Edition property, The Tampa Edition joins the Miami Beach Edition to become the second in the state of Florida. Located in the city’s new Water Street neighborhood, the hotel will have 172 guest rooms and suites and a whopping six options for dining and drinking, including a rooftop bar and terrace. Guests will also be able to take advantage of a spa, fitness center and more.
The Tampa Edition is scheduled to open in “early 2022.” Pricing and Bonvoy category information are not available at the time of this writing.
The Riviera Maya Edition at Kanai
Poised to become the first Edition property in Mexico, The Riviera Maya Edition will be a part of the high-end Kanai development located on the beach in Riviera Maya, near Cancún. It will have a total of 180 guest rooms and suites, six restaurants and bars, including a pool bar and beach club, a “destination spa” and more.
The Riviera Maya Edition at Kanai is expected to open in “mid-2022.” Pricing and Bonvoy category information are not available at the time of this writing.
The Doha Edition
Rounding out Edition’s presence in the major Persian Gulf cities, The Doha Edition will rise in the Qatari capital’s central business district, which fronts the Gulf. With 200 guest rooms and suites and 167 branded residences, the hotel will also boast two restaurants, three bars, a night club and more.
The Doha Edition is expected to open in “late 2022.” Pricing and Bonvoy category information are not available at the time of this writing.
Featured rendering courtesy Marriott
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.