LATAM Increases Service to Easter Island
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This fall and winter LATAM will be adding an additional flight to Easter Island, for a total of 12 weekly flights between Santiago and Easter Island. The route is currently operated by a Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
Flights operate between Santiago (SCL) and Mataveri International Airport (IPC) on Rapa Nui. Flights operate on Mondays, Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
LATAM is the only airline that services IPC, so there’s little incentive to discount tickets, and the carrier’s flights from Santiago (SCL) are almost never bookable with miles from a partner carrier.
However, LATAM does have frequent availability on the once-weekly flights from Tahiti for just 12,500 British Airways Avios each way. Otherwise, round trip flights from Santiago will usually cost over $500. (Make sure you also compare flight prices using a Chilean point of sale.) If you do find yourself paying a steep fare, check the business-class price, which is sometimes comparable or even cheaper than economy.
If you’re looking for other ways to visit the South Pacific using points or miles, check out our guide to South Pacific Award Sweet Spots.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Darren Murph / TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.