LATAM Increases Service to Easter Island
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This fall and winter LATAM will be adding an additional flight to Easter Island, for a total of 12 weekly flights between Santiago and Easter Island. The route is currently operated by a Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
Flights operate between Santiago (SCL) and Mataveri International Airport (IPC) on Rapa Nui. Flights operate on Mondays, Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
LATAM is the only airline that services IPC, so there’s little incentive to discount tickets, and the carrier’s flights from Santiago (SCL) are almost never bookable with miles from a partner carrier.
However, LATAM does have frequent availability on the once-weekly flights from Tahiti for just 12,500 British Airways Avios each way. Otherwise, round trip flights from Santiago will usually cost over $500. (Make sure you also compare flight prices using a Chilean point of sale.) If you do find yourself paying a steep fare, check the business-class price, which is sometimes comparable or even cheaper than economy.
If you’re looking for other ways to visit the South Pacific using points or miles, check out our guide to South Pacific Award Sweet Spots.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Darren Murph / TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees