LATAM Increases Service to Easter Island
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This fall and winter LATAM will be adding an additional flight to Easter Island, for a total of 12 weekly flights between Santiago and Easter Island. The route is currently operated by a Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
Flights operate between Santiago (SCL) and Mataveri International Airport (IPC) on Rapa Nui. Flights operate on Mondays, Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
LATAM is the only airline that services IPC, so there’s little incentive to discount tickets, and the carrier’s flights from Santiago (SCL) are almost never bookable with miles from a partner carrier.
However, LATAM does have frequent availability on the once-weekly flights from Tahiti for just 12,500 British Airways Avios each way. Otherwise, round trip flights from Santiago will usually cost over $500. (Make sure you also compare flight prices using a Chilean point of sale.) If you do find yourself paying a steep fare, check the business-class price, which is sometimes comparable or even cheaper than economy.
If you’re looking for other ways to visit the South Pacific using points or miles, check out our guide to South Pacific Award Sweet Spots.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured Photo by Darren Murph / TPG
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.