Earn free car rentals with Avis’ new promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Premier® Card
If you’re loyal to Avis, you’re about to be rewarded. The rental car agency is offering a lucrative new promotion, called Earn Free Days, offering members of its loyalty program a free rental after completing two rentals. This offer is comparable to National’s recently launched One Two Free promotion.
To qualify, you must be a member of the Avis Preferred membership program and register for the promotion here. After that, you will earn one free rental day for every two rental reservations completed within the United States or Canada through February 29, 2020. You’ll have until May 24, 2020 to use any Free Day coupons you earn during this time.
It’s important to note that to qualify for the Free Day coupon, each reservation must be for two days or longer, and the car class booked must be Intermediate or above. It also appears that you should make the reservation directly through Avis, and not a third-party like Priceline.
Of course, there’s some fine print associated with the promo. The main points are as follows:
- The free portion of the rental day only refers to the base fare; associated taxes, concession recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) and fuel charges still apply.
- You can earn a maximum of five Free Days per calendar month. These will be sent as reward coupons to the email address in your membership profile.
- Unused Free Days do not carry over to future rentals; for instance, if you redeem a five-day coupon on a three-day rental, you cannot save the two unused days for a future rental.
- Free Day reward coupons are redeemable on Economy (Group A) through Full Size (Group E) rentals completed by May 24, 2020. All free days associated with the coupon must be used at one time.
- Free Day coupons are redeemable at participating locations in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and US VI excluding New York, NY Metro area.
- If your rental period exceeds the value of the coupon, you are responsible for any additional time and mileage charges.
- Free Day coupons cannot be used for one-way rentals.
- Only one coupon can be used per rental, and coupons can be used only once.
- Rentals made with any of the following discount codes or profile types will not qualify for the promotion: corporate accounts that do not allow employees to participate in reward programs, Avis WEB/GEB accounts, employee rates for Avis or any affiliated company or licensee, government, travel industry, tour, wholesale or convention rates; rentals booked on Priceline or Hotwire, rentals that receive mileage/credits/points for a frequent traveler program (i.e. airline frequent flyer, hotel points program, etc.), rentals using a Free Day(s) coupon.
To double dip your savings, book your Avis rental with a card that earns bonus points on rental cars, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve® (3x points on travel), Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (2x points on travel), the Citi Premier® Card (3x points on air travel) or the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® (2x miles on rental cars). The information for the CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Select Mastercard cardholders can earn an additional 5% discount on all Avis purchases through the Mastercard Easy Savings program. And you’re eligible for complimentary Avis elite status if you hold any World Elite Mastercard, The Platinum Card® from American Express and the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
For more on how to maximize your return with Avis, see TPG’s guide to Points, Miles and Loyalty with Avis Car Rental.
Featured photo by Roman Tiraspolsky / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.