Earn free car rentals with Avis’ new promotion
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Premier® Card
If you’re loyal to Avis, you’re about to be rewarded. The rental car agency is offering a lucrative new promotion, called Earn Free Days, offering members of its loyalty program a free rental after completing two rentals. This offer is comparable to National’s recently launched One Two Free promotion.
To qualify, you must be a member of the Avis Preferred membership program and register for the promotion here. After that, you will earn one free rental day for every two rental reservations completed within the United States or Canada through February 29, 2020. You’ll have until May 24, 2020 to use any Free Day coupons you earn during this time.
It’s important to note that to qualify for the Free Day coupon, each reservation must be for two days or longer, and the car class booked must be Intermediate or above. It also appears that you should make the reservation directly through Avis, and not a third-party like Priceline.
Of course, there’s some fine print associated with the promo. The main points are as follows:
- The free portion of the rental day only refers to the base fare; associated taxes, concession recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) and fuel charges still apply.
- You can earn a maximum of five Free Days per calendar month. These will be sent as reward coupons to the email address in your membership profile.
- Unused Free Days do not carry over to future rentals; for instance, if you redeem a five-day coupon on a three-day rental, you cannot save the two unused days for a future rental.
- Free Day reward coupons are redeemable on Economy (Group A) through Full Size (Group E) rentals completed by May 24, 2020. All free days associated with the coupon must be used at one time.
- Free Day coupons are redeemable at participating locations in the U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and US VI excluding New York, NY Metro area.
- If your rental period exceeds the value of the coupon, you are responsible for any additional time and mileage charges.
- Free Day coupons cannot be used for one-way rentals.
- Only one coupon can be used per rental, and coupons can be used only once.
- Rentals made with any of the following discount codes or profile types will not qualify for the promotion: corporate accounts that do not allow employees to participate in reward programs, Avis WEB/GEB accounts, employee rates for Avis or any affiliated company or licensee, government, travel industry, tour, wholesale or convention rates; rentals booked on Priceline or Hotwire, rentals that receive mileage/credits/points for a frequent traveler program (i.e. airline frequent flyer, hotel points program, etc.), rentals using a Free Day(s) coupon.
To double dip your savings, book your Avis rental with a card that earns bonus points on rental cars, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve® (3x points on travel), Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (2x points on travel), the Citi Premier® Card (3x points on air travel) or the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® (2x miles on rental cars). The information for the CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Select Mastercard cardholders can earn an additional 5% discount on all Avis purchases through the Mastercard Easy Savings program. And you’re eligible for complimentary Avis elite status if you hold any World Elite Mastercard, The Platinum Card® from American Express and the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
For more on how to maximize your return with Avis, see TPG’s guide to Points, Miles and Loyalty with Avis Car Rental.
Featured photo by Roman Tiraspolsky / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees