This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For any upcoming car rentals, you may want to take advantage of this fantastic promotion. Car rental agency Avis is offering 4,000 bonus Virgin Atlantic miles if you rent a car for three days or more, leading to a minimum of 4,500 miles earned.
On top of the 4,000 mile bonus you’ll earn 500 base miles for any rental between 1-6 days or 1,000 base miles for rentals longer than seven days. The deal’s terms and conditions don’t appear to rule out repeating the promotion.
You can book roundtrip awards from the US to Japan in ANA business class for 90,000 miles or 110,000 miles round-trip. Virgin miles are great option for Delta flights since you’re not subject to the carrier’s crazy dynamic award pricing.
American Express is currently running a promotion where you’ll earn a 30% bonus when transferring Amex Membership Rewards to Virgin — helping top off your account for your preferred reward. You can stack these two promotions with a third too — there’s an Amex Offer 10% back on Avis car rentals. Do note that it’s only valid for US rentals.
To take advantage of the deal, you’ll need book through the promotion page, rent a “Group C” car or above and book a rental for three days or more. You’ll have to reserve your car by August 15 for rentals between September 1, 2018, and April 30, 2019. Add the Amex offer to your eligible card and make sure you pay with it to receive the 10% back.
If you’re not paying with an Amex, than you’ll want to use a card that earns bonus points on travel purchases. The Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x; after $300 travel credit exhausted), Citi ThankYou (3x) and Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x) are all fantastic options and include rental car insurance.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Atlantic.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees