This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For any upcoming car rentals, you may want to take advantage of this fantastic promotion. Car rental agency Avis is offering 4,000 bonus Virgin Atlantic miles if you rent a car for three days or more, leading to a minimum of 4,500 miles earned.
On top of the 4,000 mile bonus you’ll earn 500 base miles for any rental between 1-6 days or 1,000 base miles for rentals longer than seven days. The deal’s terms and conditions don’t appear to rule out repeating the promotion.
You can book roundtrip awards from the US to Japan in ANA business class for 90,000 miles or 110,000 miles round-trip. Virgin miles are great option for Delta flights since you’re not subject to the carrier’s crazy dynamic award pricing.
American Express is currently running a promotion where you’ll earn a 30% bonus when transferring Amex Membership Rewards to Virgin — helping top off your account for your preferred reward. You can stack these two promotions with a third too — there’s an Amex Offer 10% back on Avis car rentals. Do note that it’s only valid for US rentals.
To take advantage of the deal, you’ll need book through the promotion page, rent a “Group C” car or above and book a rental for three days or more. You’ll have to reserve your car by August 15 for rentals between September 1, 2018, and April 30, 2019. Add the Amex offer to your eligible card and make sure you pay with it to receive the 10% back.
If you’re not paying with an Amex, than you’ll want to use a card that earns bonus points on travel purchases. The Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x; after $300 travel credit exhausted), Citi Premier Card (3x) and Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x) are all fantastic options and include rental car insurance.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Atlantic.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees