This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For any upcoming car rentals, you may want to take advantage of this fantastic promotion. Car rental agency Avis is offering 4,000 bonus Virgin Atlantic miles if you rent a car for three days or more, leading to a minimum of 4,500 miles earned.
On top of the 4,000 mile bonus you’ll earn 500 base miles for any rental between 1-6 days or 1,000 base miles for rentals longer than seven days. The deal’s terms and conditions don’t appear to rule out repeating the promotion.
You can book roundtrip awards from the US to Japan in ANA business class for 90,000 miles or 110,000 miles round-trip. Virgin miles are great option for Delta flights since you’re not subject to the carrier’s crazy dynamic award pricing.
American Express is currently running a promotion where you’ll earn a 30% bonus when transferring Amex Membership Rewards to Virgin — helping top off your account for your preferred reward. You can stack these two promotions with a third too — there’s an Amex Offer 10% back on Avis car rentals. Do note that it’s only valid for US rentals.
To take advantage of the deal, you’ll need book through the promotion page, rent a “Group C” car or above and book a rental for three days or more. You’ll have to reserve your car by August 15 for rentals between September 1, 2018, and April 30, 2019. Add the Amex offer to your eligible card and make sure you pay with it to receive the 10% back.
If you’re not paying with an Amex, than you’ll want to use a card that earns bonus points on travel purchases. The Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x), Citi ThankYou (3x) and Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x) are all fantastic options and include rental car insurance.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Atlantic.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that