This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For any upcoming car rentals, you may want to take advantage of this fantastic promotion. Car rental agency Avis is offering 4,000 bonus Virgin Atlantic miles if you rent a car for three days or more, leading to a minimum of 4,500 miles earned.
On top of the 4,000 mile bonus you’ll earn 500 base miles for any rental between 1-6 days or 1,000 base miles for rentals longer than seven days. The deal’s terms and conditions don’t appear to rule out repeating the promotion.
You can book roundtrip awards from the US to Japan in ANA business class for 90,000 miles or 110,000 miles round-trip. Virgin miles are great option for Delta flights since you’re not subject to the carrier’s crazy dynamic award pricing.
American Express is currently running a promotion where you’ll earn a 30% bonus when transferring Amex Membership Rewards to Virgin — helping top off your account for your preferred reward. You can stack these two promotions with a third too — there’s an Amex Offer 10% back on Avis car rentals. Do note that it’s only valid for US rentals.
To take advantage of the deal, you’ll need book through the promotion page, rent a “Group C” car or above and book a rental for three days or more. You’ll have to reserve your car by August 15 for rentals between September 1, 2018, and April 30, 2019. Add the Amex offer to your eligible card and make sure you pay with it to receive the 10% back.
If you’re not paying with an Amex, than you’ll want to use a card that earns bonus points on travel purchases. The Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x; after $300 travel credit exhausted), Citi Premier Card (3x) and Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x) are all fantastic options and include rental car insurance.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Atlantic.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards