This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest is offering Rapid Rewards members the opportunity to earn double points on all flights for a limited-time only. In order to earn the double Rapid Rewards points, you must book and fly between April 6 and June 13, 2018, and registration is required.
While this is a Rapid Rewards promotion that requires registration, it doesn’t appear to be targeted. To register, go to Southwest.com and log in to your Rapid Rewards account. Then, click on the My Account icon and through to the Promotions tab. There, you should see the offer. Click Register, and you’re all set to earn 2x Rapid Rewards on flights during the promotional period.
With this promotion, you’ll earn 24 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select fares (normally 12), 20 bonus points per dollar spent on Anytime fares (normally 10) and 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away fares (normally six).
Unfortunately, the terms and conditions state that the double points can only be earned from new flights — only those booked after registering for the promotion. In addition, the travel must be completed by June 13, 2018, in order to earn the 2x points. Also, bonus points earned as part of this promotion don’t count toward A-List, A-List Preferred or Companion Pass qualification, and charter flights, group travel, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacation Packages and reward travel don’t qualify for the double points.
This is a nice promotion from Southwest, although disappointing that only new reservations qualify for the extra points. This promotion does not seem to be targeted. However, if it doesn’t appear in your Rapid Rewards account, leave a comment below.
H/T: View From the Wing
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards