Register to earn double Avios on British Airways flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Thursday, British Airways unveiled its latest promotion for members of the British Airways Executive Club. Members who register, book and travel can take advantage of double Avios on up to 10 flight bookings. The offer also extends to British Airways holidays for those members who live in the U.K. and in the U.S.
To be eligible, all you have to do is be a member of the British Airways Executive Club and register for the offer.
The offer extends to all domestic flights within the UK and southern Africa. Better still, any flight between Europe and North America on partner airlines such as American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair also qualify for double Avios when booked as a BA codeshare.
You must register and book by Aug. 31, 2020, and travel by Dec. 31, 2020, in order to get the double Avios.
According to the terms and conditions, participants must make sure to include their Executive Club membership number at the time of booking. The amount of bonus Avios received will be calculated from the base Avios. The 10 eligible flights are made up of one-way segments, so if a return itinerary is booked, that will count as two of your eligible 10 flights. Once a successful registration has been made, a “thank you” message will be displayed. Full terms and conditions can be found here.
While transatlantic travel has nearly come to a standstill because of the coronavirus pandemic, there are still some European destinations where Americans are welcome — for example, Croatia and Turkey. If you don’t have any travel booked now but may by the end of the year, registering for this promotion is a good way to ensure you’ll earn bonus Avios for your next flight with BA or some of its Oneworld partners.
Additional reporting by Emily McNutt.
Featured image by James Randell/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.