Register to earn double Avios on British Airways flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Thursday, British Airways unveiled its latest promotion for members of the British Airways Executive Club. Members who register, book and travel can take advantage of double Avios on up to 10 flight bookings. The offer also extends to British Airways holidays for those members who live in the U.K. and in the U.S.
To be eligible, all you have to do is be a member of the British Airways Executive Club and register for the offer.
The offer extends to all domestic flights within the UK and southern Africa. Better still, any flight between Europe and North America on partner airlines such as American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair also qualify for double Avios when booked as a BA codeshare.
You must register and book by Aug. 31, 2020, and travel by Dec. 31, 2020, in order to get the double Avios.
According to the terms and conditions, participants must make sure to include their Executive Club membership number at the time of booking. The amount of bonus Avios received will be calculated from the base Avios. The 10 eligible flights are made up of one-way segments, so if a return itinerary is booked, that will count as two of your eligible 10 flights. Once a successful registration has been made, a “thank you” message will be displayed. Full terms and conditions can be found here.
While transatlantic travel has nearly come to a standstill because of the coronavirus pandemic, there are still some European destinations where Americans are welcome — for example, Croatia and Turkey. If you don’t have any travel booked now but may by the end of the year, registering for this promotion is a good way to ensure you’ll earn bonus Avios for your next flight with BA or some of its Oneworld partners.
Additional reporting by Emily McNutt.
Featured image by James Randell/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees