Discover Deals Shopping Portal Is Closing This Month
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Discover Deals is no longer available as of November 1, 2018.
This page includes information about Discover cards that are not currently available on The Points Guy and may be out of date.
Looks like price protection isn’t the only Discover Card perk that’s expiring on Halloween. Cardmembers who log in today to take advantage of the issuer’s cash back shopping portal are greeted by the following message: “Discover Deals will end October 31, 2018. We’re retiring the program to focus on simpler and more meaningful ways to earn and redeem rewards. Any pending rewards will be added to your account as usual.” TPG reader Casey K. tipped us on the closure, and I’ve confirmed via my own Discover account.
This is just the latest bummer for Discover cardholders. In February, Discover completely axed its Extended Product Warranty, Return Guarantee, Purchase Protection, Auto Rental Insurance and Flight Accident Insurance perks from all of its cards. With nearly 100 partner merchants, the Discover Deals shopping portal was a go-to for anyone looking to grab a bit of cash back from a purchase that would otherwise count as non-bonus spend. Discover was also one of the only issuers to enable cash back on Apple purchases.
Discover still offers quarterly bonuses, much like those offered on the Chase Freedom, but the expiration of Discover Deals is a big blow in terms of overall value for holding one of Discover’s cards. It’s unclear what exactly the “simpler and more meaningful ways to earn and redeem rewards” will be, but we’ll be sure to share the latest as soon as we hear.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees