Excellent Delta One Suites Availability for 50,000 Miles Each Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In late 2017, Delta stepped up its business-class game in a big way by introducing its Delta One Suites product on its Airbus A350 aircraft. If you’ve been hoping to try it out for yourself, here’s an excellent opportunity to do so. Virgin Atlantic is currently showing solid award availability between Delta’s Detroit (DTW) hub and Amsterdam (AMS) for just 50,000 Virgin Atlantic Flying Miles plus $5.60 in taxes:
As of publishing, here are the dates we’re seeing available:
- July: 29, 31
- August: 6, 11, 21
- September: 6
- October: 2, 30
- November: 18, 23
- December: 22-25, 27-31
- January 2019: 1-2, 9-10, 22-23, 29-30
- February 2019: 12, 19
Delta flies three times daily between DTW and AMS, and only one of the three frequencies is operated by the new A350.
Make sure you click through on the flight that you’re looking at to make sure the aircraft will have the Delta One Suites.
This availability likely won’t last very long, so if you’re considering booking, you should do it sooner rather than later. Note, too, that with Virgin Atlantic, you can actually cancel an award ticket more than 24 hours after booking for a fee of $50. For those that have never used Virgin Atlantic’s website to book Delta flights, be aware that sometimes it can be a bit frustrating. Fear not, though — here are some tips on how to make it as easy as possible.
If you need Flying Club miles, Virgin Atlantic is a transfer partner of all four major transferable currencies: American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou Points and Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints. Unfortunately, there aren’t any transfer bonuses that you can take advantage of currently.
If you’re unfamiliar with the Delta One Suites product, check out TPG’s video review for a full run-down:
H/T: Benji Stawski
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually (only for use in the U.S.)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees