Excellent Delta One Suites Availability for 50,000 Miles Each Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In late 2017, Delta stepped up its business-class game in a big way by introducing its Delta One Suites product on its Airbus A350 aircraft. If you’ve been hoping to try it out for yourself, here’s an excellent opportunity to do so. Virgin Atlantic is currently showing solid award availability between Delta’s Detroit (DTW) hub and Amsterdam (AMS) for just 50,000 Virgin Atlantic Flying Miles plus $5.60 in taxes:
As of publishing, here are the dates we’re seeing available:
- July: 29, 31
- August: 6, 11, 21
- September: 6
- October: 2, 30
- November: 18, 23
- December: 22-25, 27-31
- January 2019: 1-2, 9-10, 22-23, 29-30
- February 2019: 12, 19
Delta flies three times daily between DTW and AMS, and only one of the three frequencies is operated by the new A350.
Make sure you click through on the flight that you’re looking at to make sure the aircraft will have the Delta One Suites.
This availability likely won’t last very long, so if you’re considering booking, you should do it sooner rather than later. Note, too, that with Virgin Atlantic, you can actually cancel an award ticket more than 24 hours after booking for a fee of $50. For those that have never used Virgin Atlantic’s website to book Delta flights, be aware that sometimes it can be a bit frustrating. Fear not, though — here are some tips on how to make it as easy as possible.
If you need Flying Club miles, Virgin Atlantic is a transfer partner of all four major transferable currencies: American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou Points and Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints. Unfortunately, there aren’t any transfer bonuses that you can take advantage of currently.
If you’re unfamiliar with the Delta One Suites product, check out TPG’s video review for a full run-down:
H/T: Benji Stawski
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees