Excellent Delta One Suites Availability for 50,000 Miles Each Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In late 2017, Delta stepped up its business-class game in a big way by introducing its Delta One Suites product on its Airbus A350 aircraft. If you’ve been hoping to try it out for yourself, here’s an excellent opportunity to do so. Virgin Atlantic is currently showing solid award availability between Delta’s Detroit (DTW) hub and Amsterdam (AMS) for just 50,000 Virgin Atlantic Flying Miles plus $5.60 in taxes:
As of publishing, here are the dates we’re seeing available:
- July: 29, 31
- August: 6, 11, 21
- September: 6
- October: 2, 30
- November: 18, 23
- December: 22-25, 27-31
- January 2019: 1-2, 9-10, 22-23, 29-30
- February 2019: 12, 19
Delta flies three times daily between DTW and AMS, and only one of the three frequencies is operated by the new A350.
Make sure you click through on the flight that you’re looking at to make sure the aircraft will have the Delta One Suites.
This availability likely won’t last very long, so if you’re considering booking, you should do it sooner rather than later. Note, too, that with Virgin Atlantic, you can actually cancel an award ticket more than 24 hours after booking for a fee of $50. For those that have never used Virgin Atlantic’s website to book Delta flights, be aware that sometimes it can be a bit frustrating. Fear not, though — here are some tips on how to make it as easy as possible.
If you need Flying Club miles, Virgin Atlantic is a transfer partner of all four major transferable currencies: American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou Points and Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints. Unfortunately, there aren’t any transfer bonuses that you can take advantage of currently.
If you’re unfamiliar with the Delta One Suites product, check out TPG’s video review for a full run-down:
H/T: Benji Stawski
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and select your preferred metal Card design: classic Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum two-night stay, through American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®. And if you fly, you can receive up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year after you select a qualifying airline and incidental fees are charged by the airline to your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 back each month on eligible purchases made with your Platinum Card® on one or more of the following: Audible, Disney+, The Disney Bundle, ESPN+, Hulu, Peacock, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax. Plus Ups are excluded.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. There are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on the Equinox+ digital fitness app, or eligible Equinox club memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $189 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $189 back per year on your CLEAR® membership. CLEAR® is available at select airports and stadiums.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees