Delta Flights from New York to Mumbai Now Bookable, 135K Miles for Delta One Suites
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just days after Delta announced that the airline would return to India, flights are now available for booking. Delta will serve Mumbai (BOM) nonstop from its hub at New York-JFK. Flights commence on December 22, 2019, with Delta operating one daily round-trip flight year-round. Travelers hoping to snag a seat on the inaugural flight can still do so and for just 65,000 SkyMiles one-way in economy.
The schedule for Delta’s flights from New York (JFK) to Mumbai (BOM) is as follows:
- DL24 (from JFK) operates daily year-round. Availability limited during February and March.
- DL25 (from BOM) operates daily year-round. Availability limited during February and March.
|New York (JFK) to Mumbai (BOM)||9:15 p.m.||10:50 p.m. (+1 Day)||16:35 Hours|
|Mumbai (BOM) to New York (JFK)||12:50 a.m.||6:35 a.m.||14:45 Hours|
How to Book Delta’s New NYC to Mumbai Flights
Delta’s new nonstop flights from New York to Mumbai can be booked using either cash or SkyMiles. Availability is relatively widespread over the first few months of service. Flights can be booked from December 22, 2019 through the end of March 2020, at which point Delta’s schedule ends.
Booking Cash Fares
Prices are typical for flights between the eastern US and Asia, with round-trip flights in economy starting at $835. Delta Premium Select starts at $1,997 while Delta One Suites start at $4,119, both prices round-trip. Flights originating from India are noticeably less expensive. Both the inaugural flight from New York and from Mumbai are available.
Sample Economy Round-Trip Fares from JFK
Sample Premium Economy Round-Trip Fares from JFK
Sample Delta One Suites Round-Trip Fares from JFK
Booking With SkyMiles
As of May 5, SkyMiles pricing is quite reasonable and space is widely available. One-way economy redemptions start at just 68,000 SkyMiles. One-way Premium Select redemptions start at 115,000 miles with Delta One Suites available for just 135,000 miles one-way. One-way tickets from the US will incur $5.60 in taxes and carrier-imposed fees while tickets from India will incur $37.73 in taxes and carrier-imposed fees.
Sample One-Way Economy Award Fares from JFK:
Sample One-Way Premium Economy Award Fares from JFK:
Sample One-Way Delta One Suites Award Fares from JFK:
Delta will operate flights between New York and Mumbai with the airline’s fleet of Boeing 777-200LR, featuring Delta One Suites, Premium Select, and an updated economy cabin.
Delta One Suites debuted on the Airbus A350 in 2017 and feature a sliding privacy door among other updated amenities. Be sure to check out TPG’s full review of the new Delta cabin experience.
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with airlines or Amextravel.com), or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image via Delta.com
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees