Delta Flights from New York to Mumbai Now Bookable, 135K Miles for Delta One Suites
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just days after Delta announced that the airline would return to India, flights are now available for booking. Delta will serve Mumbai (BOM) nonstop from its hub at New York-JFK. Flights commence on December 22, 2019, with Delta operating one daily round-trip flight year-round. Travelers hoping to snag a seat on the inaugural flight can still do so and for just 65,000 SkyMiles one-way in economy.
The schedule for Delta’s flights from New York (JFK) to Mumbai (BOM) is as follows:
- DL24 (from JFK) operates daily year-round. Availability limited during February and March.
- DL25 (from BOM) operates daily year-round. Availability limited during February and March.
|New York (JFK) to Mumbai (BOM)||9:15 p.m.||10:50 p.m. (+1 Day)||16:35 Hours|
|Mumbai (BOM) to New York (JFK)||12:50 a.m.||6:35 a.m.||14:45 Hours|
How to Book Delta’s New NYC to Mumbai Flights
Delta’s new nonstop flights from New York to Mumbai can be booked using either cash or SkyMiles. Availability is relatively widespread over the first few months of service. Flights can be booked from December 22, 2019 through the end of March 2020, at which point Delta’s schedule ends.
Booking Cash Fares
Prices are typical for flights between the eastern US and Asia, with round-trip flights in economy starting at $835. Delta Premium Select starts at $1,997 while Delta One Suites start at $4,119, both prices round-trip. Flights originating from India are noticeably less expensive. Both the inaugural flight from New York and from Mumbai are available.
Sample Economy Round-Trip Fares from JFK
Sample Premium Economy Round-Trip Fares from JFK
Sample Delta One Suites Round-Trip Fares from JFK
Booking With SkyMiles
As of May 5, SkyMiles pricing is quite reasonable and space is widely available. One-way economy redemptions start at just 68,000 SkyMiles. One-way Premium Select redemptions start at 115,000 miles with Delta One Suites available for just 135,000 miles one-way. One-way tickets from the US will incur $5.60 in taxes and carrier-imposed fees while tickets from India will incur $37.73 in taxes and carrier-imposed fees.
Sample One-Way Economy Award Fares from JFK:
Sample One-Way Premium Economy Award Fares from JFK:
Sample One-Way Delta One Suites Award Fares from JFK:
Delta will operate flights between New York and Mumbai with the airline’s fleet of Boeing 777-200LR, featuring Delta One Suites, Premium Select, and an updated economy cabin.
Delta One Suites debuted on the Airbus A350 in 2017 and feature a sliding privacy door among other updated amenities. Be sure to check out TPG’s full review of the new Delta cabin experience.
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with airlines or Amextravel.com), or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image via Delta.com
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.