Delta Eliminates Most SkyTeam Travel Passes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta has quietly discontinued all but one of its SkyTeam Travel Passes, which is rough news for SkyTeam loyalists based internationally, as well as US-based flyers planning a multi-prong trip through Africa, Europe and beyond. TPG confirmed the cancellation with Delta, and several readers have noted that reservation agents quoted Jan. 9, 2019 as the program’s final day.
SkyTeam Travel Passes were not heavily used, but it’s a big blow to those who lived outside of the US and leveraged them to travel for less on trips to the United States. In the past, foreigners who purchased a ticket to the US could then phone Delta to add cheap domestic flights onto their itinerary.
For US nationals, a Go Africa, Go Asia or Go Europe pass was useful for assembling an itinerary that hit many destinations without the burden of buying individual, point-to-point flights.
Air travel passes are akin to rail passes (like those commonly used in Europe); they’re special fares that allow you to visit multiple destinations in a particular region at a discounted rate. The full list of SkyTeam Travel Passes eliminated is:
- Go Africa
- Go Asia
- Go Europe
- Go Round Asia and Southwest Pacific
- Go Round The World
- Go Russia
- Go USA and Canada
Only Go Greater China is still available for use.
Mentions of the discontinued Go Passes can still be found on Delta’s various channels, though we’re told that they will be updated shortly.
Featured image of Los Angeles International Airport by the author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.