Delta Eliminates Most SkyTeam Travel Passes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta has quietly discontinued all but one of its SkyTeam Travel Passes, which is rough news for SkyTeam loyalists based internationally, as well as US-based flyers planning a multi-prong trip through Africa, Europe and beyond. TPG confirmed the cancellation with Delta, and several readers have noted that reservation agents quoted Jan. 9, 2019 as the program’s final day.
SkyTeam Travel Passes were not heavily used, but it’s a big blow to those who lived outside of the US and leveraged them to travel for less on trips to the United States. In the past, foreigners who purchased a ticket to the US could then phone Delta to add cheap domestic flights onto their itinerary.
For US nationals, a Go Africa, Go Asia or Go Europe pass was useful for assembling an itinerary that hit many destinations without the burden of buying individual, point-to-point flights.
Air travel passes are akin to rail passes (like those commonly used in Europe); they’re special fares that allow you to visit multiple destinations in a particular region at a discounted rate. The full list of SkyTeam Travel Passes eliminated is:
- Go Africa
- Go Asia
- Go Europe
- Go Round Asia and Southwest Pacific
- Go Round The World
- Go Russia
- Go USA and Canada
Only Go Greater China is still available for use.
Mentions of the discontinued Go Passes can still be found on Delta’s various channels, though we’re told that they will be updated shortly.
Featured image of Los Angeles International Airport by the author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees