Delta Air Lines adds New York-Cayman Islands nonstop flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta Air Lines will add an additional connection to the Caribbean this summer.
Beginning June 13, the carrier will fly weekend-only service from its New York JFK hub to Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Delta will operate one round-trip flight each Saturday through Aug. 20 on 160-seat Boeing 737-800 jets.
This will be Delta’s first nonstop service on the route since 2015, according to the airline.
“This service to the Cayman Islands joins the ranks of our more than 200 daily departures to more than 80 destinations in 30 countries,” Chuck Imhof, Delta vice president — New York Sales, said in a statement announcing the service.
Delta already serves Grand Cayman (GCM) with year-round service from Atlanta (ATL) and with seasonal service from Detroit (DTW) and Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP). The Detroit and Minneapolis/St. Paul flights also operate only on Saturdays.
Delta’s new JFK-Grand Cayman schedule is below.
New York JFK to Grand Cayman
Delta Flight 489: Departs JFK at 10:55 a.m., arrives to Grand Cayman at 1:37 p.m. (Saturdays only; all times local)
Grand Cayman to New York JFK
Delta Flight 490: Departs Grand Cayman at 2:50 p.m., arrives to JFK at 7:28 p.m. (Saturdays only; all times local)
Featured photo by Patrick T. Fallon, TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.