Delta Air Lines adds New York-Cayman Islands nonstop flight
Delta Air Lines will add an additional connection to the Caribbean this summer.
Beginning June 13, the carrier will fly weekend-only service from its New York JFK hub to Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands. Delta will operate one round-trip flight each Saturday through Aug. 20 on 160-seat Boeing 737-800 jets.
This will be Delta’s first nonstop service on the route since 2015, according to the airline.
“This service to the Cayman Islands joins the ranks of our more than 200 daily departures to more than 80 destinations in 30 countries,” Chuck Imhof, Delta vice president — New York Sales, said in a statement announcing the service.
Delta already serves Grand Cayman (GCM) with year-round service from Atlanta (ATL) and with seasonal service from Detroit (DTW) and Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP). The Detroit and Minneapolis/St. Paul flights also operate only on Saturdays.
Delta’s new JFK-Grand Cayman schedule is below.
New York JFK to Grand Cayman
Delta Flight 489: Departs JFK at 10:55 a.m., arrives to Grand Cayman at 1:37 p.m. (Saturdays only; all times local)
Grand Cayman to New York JFK
Delta Flight 490: Departs Grand Cayman at 2:50 p.m., arrives to JFK at 7:28 p.m. (Saturdays only; all times local)
Featured photo by Patrick T. Fallon, TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees