Delta will introduce new first-class seats on Airbus A321neos
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Some Delta Air Lines passengers will see new domestic first class seats starting later this year.
“Customer insights were instrumental to the new design, and we spent hundreds of hours listening to customers so that we could respond with thoughtful improvements,” Mauricio Parise, Delta’s managing director of product development said in a statement confirming the new seats. “We’ve completely customized every feature on the seat to create a truly unique, premium seating product for domestic First Class.”
The new seats will feature a memory foam cushion, increased privacy, extra storage and a larger tray table compared to the current domestic first seats.
Delta’s A321neos are not yet on the airline’s schedule. The airline ordered 100 of the aircraft in 2017. With a range of almost 3,700 miles, the planes can reach all of North America, much of South America and — in theory — some Western European destinations from Delta’s Atlanta hub.
The airline will install its custom-designed wireless inflight entertainment system in all cabins on the aircraft, with what Delta said will be “oversized high-definition seatback screens.”
Delta’s first A321neos were set to begin arriving to the carrier this year, but it’s possible that schedule could slide because of production delays at Airbus. For now, Delta said it expects the aircraft to be in service in late 2020.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with confirmation from the airline. It was originally published on Jan. 28, 2020.
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees