Delta will introduce new first-class seats on Airbus A321neos
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Some Delta Air Lines passengers will see new domestic first class seats starting later this year.
“Customer insights were instrumental to the new design, and we spent hundreds of hours listening to customers so that we could respond with thoughtful improvements,” Mauricio Parise, Delta’s managing director of product development said in a statement confirming the new seats. “We’ve completely customized every feature on the seat to create a truly unique, premium seating product for domestic First Class.”
The new seats will feature a memory foam cushion, increased privacy, extra storage and a larger tray table compared to the current domestic first seats.
Delta’s A321neos are not yet on the airline’s schedule. The airline ordered 100 of the aircraft in 2017. With a range of almost 3,700 miles, the planes can reach all of North America, much of South America and — in theory — some Western European destinations from Delta’s Atlanta hub.
The airline will install its custom-designed wireless inflight entertainment system in all cabins on the aircraft, with what Delta said will be “oversized high-definition seatback screens.”
Delta’s first A321neos were set to begin arriving to the carrier this year, but it’s possible that schedule could slide because of production delays at Airbus. For now, Delta said it expects the aircraft to be in service in late 2020.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated with confirmation from the airline. It was originally published on Jan. 28, 2020.
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.