Delta adds 2 Seattle routes, including to American’s Dallas/Fort Worth hub
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta Air Lines continues to grow its Seattle hub with two new routes this June, including one to American Airlines’ Dallas/Fort Worth hub less than a month after Alaska Airlines and American unveiled a renewed partnership.
Atlanta-based Delta will add flights between Seattle (SEA) and both Columbus, Ohio (CMH) and Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) on June 8, according to Cirium schedules. Both routes will be flown with Airbus A220-100 jets.
While Delta has steadily expanded its six-year old Seattle hub with new routes annually, the additions this year come as the hometown carrier Alaska — and Delta’s main competitor in Seattle — renews its ties with American. Alaska also plans to join the Oneworld alliance amid a desire to offer better international connections to passengers.
The airline’s new daily service to Columbus will compete with Alaska, and its thrice-daily service to Dallas/Fort Worth with both Alaska and American, Cirium schedules show. Alaska and Southwest Airlines also fly from Seattle to Dallas Love Field (DAL).
American will add service between Seattle and Bangalore (BLR) on Oct. 25, and between Seattle and London Heathrow (LHR) in March 2021 under the new partnership. The Bangalore route will be the airline’s only service to India, where it ended flights in 2012.
Delta plans its own daily London Heathrow flight in 2021, it unveiled on Monday. The flight will complement the 11 weekly flights operated by Delta partner Virgin Atlantic Airways.
The SkyTeam Alliance carrier is the largest international carrier in Seattle with nonstop flights to eight cities in Asia and Europe, Cirium schedules show.
Delta will also add flights on existing routes between Seattle and Austin (AUS) — one of several focus cities around the U.S. — and Orlando (MCO) in June.
Delta plans to grow system capacity by as much as 4% year-over-year in 2020.
Updated with additional new flight information from Delta.
Featured image by Alberto Riva/TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees