Deal Alert: Nonstop Flights to Spain From $233 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Spain is a popular destination and US airlines from every alliance service Barcelona and Madrid. The abundance of flights means serious competition, so carriers constantly run sales to the country. And this afternoon, we are seeing some amazingly cheap nonstop flights to both Barcelona (BCN) and Madrid (MAD) from New York (JFK), Newark (EWR), Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), San Francisco (SFO) and Philadelphia (PHL) with prices starting from $233 round-trip.
Some of these flights are on one of my favorite economy options across the Atlantic — like Iberia’s brand new Airbus A350-900. I got a chance to try out this product right after it was launched on its first transatlantic flights, and it was a solid experience. The cheapest options are in basic economy so you’ll have to pay extra for a checked bag and seat selection.
Note that Iberia Visa Signature Card cardholders can get a slightly discounted price through the card’s 10% discount. However, unlike the British Airways Chase 10% discount — which discounts the fare, taxes and fees on British Airways-operated flights — the Iberia 10% discount only reduces the base fare. And since this base fare is so cheap, the 10% discount only drops the price by a few dollars.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: Delta, American Airlines, Iberia, United, Air France, KLM, LEVEL
Routes: JFK/EWR/BOS/ORD/SFO/LAX/MIA to MAD/BCN
Cost: $233+ round-trip nonstop in basic economy or $315+ in standard economy
Travel Dates: September 2019 through May 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Madrid (MAD) for $233 round-trip nonstop on Iberia:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Barcelona (BCN) for $242 round-trip nonstop in Delta basic economy ($332 round-trip in Main Cabin):
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Madrid (MAD) for $247 round-trip nonstop on Iberia:
Chicago O’Hare (ORD) to Barcelona (BCN) for $299 round-trip on Iberia:
San Francisco (SFO) to Barcelona (BCN) for $338 round-trip on KLM:
Miami (MIA) to Barcelona (BCN) for $344 round-trip on Air France/Alitalia:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Barcelona (BCN) for $355 round-trip on Air France/Delta:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by SeanPavonePhoto via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees