Could This Be Marriott Rewards’ New Program Logo?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Most of the questions of the Marriott-Starwood merger have already been answered — from redemption rates to earning elite status.
But one aspect left unclear was the name of the mega-hotel chain’s rewards program — which currently goes by Marriott Rewards but also has kept the Starwood Preferred Guest and Ritz Carlton Rewards sub-brands. In November, it was leaked that Marriott would name the combined loyalty program “Marriott Bonvoy” — seeming to be a play on the French phrase bon voyage. Some Elite status tiers would also be renamed.
Marriott has now filed for a trademark in Europe for the program’s new logo, which is available for public viewing:
While the logo is pretty tame, the new name has already faced plenty of attacks, with some people taking to social media to criticize the new logo:
Others fairly criticized Marriott for its focus on rebranding while the company suffers a myriad of IT issues –including one of the largest data breaches in history and multiple reports of hotel stays without points posting. This comes on top of what many would say is a devaluation of the overall program.
A Marriott spokesperson provided this comment to TPG regarding the leaked logo and name:
“As previously stated in August when our three loyalty programs were unified, we will announce the new program name early this year. We know there is a lot of interest and look forward to having more to share soon with our members.”
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees