Could This Be Marriott Rewards’ New Program Logo?
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Most of the questions of the Marriott-Starwood merger have already been answered — from redemption rates to earning elite status.
But one aspect left unclear was the name of the mega-hotel chain’s rewards program — which currently goes by Marriott Rewards but also has kept the Starwood Preferred Guest and Ritz Carlton Rewards sub-brands. In November, it was leaked that Marriott would name the combined loyalty program “Marriott Bonvoy” — seeming to be a play on the French phrase bon voyage. Some Elite status tiers would also be renamed.
Marriott has now filed for a trademark in Europe for the program’s new logo, which is available for public viewing:
While the logo is pretty tame, the new name has already faced plenty of attacks, with some people taking to social media to criticize the new logo:
Others fairly criticized Marriott for its focus on rebranding while the company suffers a myriad of IT issues –including one of the largest data breaches in history and multiple reports of hotel stays without points posting. This comes on top of what many would say is a devaluation of the overall program.
A Marriott spokesperson provided this comment to TPG regarding the leaked logo and name:
“As previously stated in August when our three loyalty programs were unified, we will announce the new program name early this year. We know there is a lot of interest and look forward to having more to share soon with our members.”
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.