Corsair to begin Paris-Newark flights next summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
French long-haul airline Corsair will begin service between Paris Orly and Newark Liberty International Airport on June 10, 2020. In a press release, the airline said the route will be served once daily in each direction.
Corsair already serves Miami and Montreal, and the airline said it hopes to expand its presence in the North American market.
“The opening of New York is a natural fit with our desire to develop our presence in the North American continent. On this line where the low-cost offer is abundant, Corsair will thus be the only alternative to large companies with a quality offer in three-class cabins,” Pascal de Izaguirre, Corsair’s chairman and CEO said in a statement.
Corsair joins an already crowded market. Four other airlines (United, La Compagnie, XL and Level) serve Paris from Newark, with four more (Air France, American, Delta and Norwegian) also flying to the City of Lights from JFK.
The flights will be operated by A330-900neos by September 2020, and tickets for the route go on sale on Tuesday.
For now, Corsair remains one of a dwindling list of carriers that flies Boeing 747s. But the airline has announced plans to go to an all-Airbus fleet, and its 747s will be replaced by A330-900s. It’s unclear whether for the first three months of service, from June to September 2020, the route will be operated by those 747s or by the airline’s earlier-model A330-200s and -300s.
Corsair has three classes of service on all of its planes (business, premium economy and economy) but the cabins are mostly dense economy, with just a few premium seats up front, or upstairs on the 747s.
The airline’s Club Corsair loyalty program gives frequent flyers cash back in the currency of their choice, which can then be used to buy Corsair flights or upgrades. The airline doesn’t have any major international partners.
Featured photo of an Airbus A330-900neo courtesy of Airbus.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees