Citi Prestige No Longer Available, May Return Soon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Citi is a TPG advertising partner
A Citi spokesperson confirmed the move:
“Our go-to-market strategy continuously evolves to feature different products and offers. We remain committed to the Prestige product and servicing our valued existing cardmembers. We look forward to reintroducing the card for new cardmembers in the near future.”
So it does indeed seem that Prestige is currently unavailable, but that it will be returning “in the near future,” perhaps with an entirely new set of benefits.
While it’s no longer possible to apply for the current card, this move in no way impacts existing cardholders — you’ll have full access to the same benefits, which remain listed on Citi’s site, once you log in to your account.
While I’ve since shifted most airfare bookings to my Chase Sapphire Reserve, following Citi’s recent devaluation of the Prestige card’s Trip Delay Protection, I still actively use the card’s 4th Night Free benefit, earning me a significant credit on hotel stays of four nights or longer.
We don’t yet have any indication of when the Citi Prestige card may return, but with the issuer’s statement in hand, I’m optimistic that it shouldn’t be too long.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.