Chipotle Launches a Rewards Program and Offers Cash Giveaways
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s a good Tuesday afternoon pick-me-up: Chipotle has just officially launched a rewards program. And to celebrate, they’re giving customers free money via Venmo.
The program, which was first introduced in test markets in October 2018, is now available for customers to participate in nationwide.
The rules are simple: for every dollar spent at Chipotle, you can earn 10 rewards points. Once you reach 1,250 points (equivalent to spending $125), you can redeem your free burrito, burrito bowl, tacos or salad. A Chipotle spokesperson confirmed that the program will be helping customers along with “extra points days” and surprise birthday rewards.
Interested? Well, you can join the program by either visiting the company’s website or by downloading the Chipotle mobile app. And when you’re all set, there will already be a free perk (chips and guac with your first meal purchase) waiting for you.
Circling back to that free money — to celebrate the launch of its new rewards program, Chipotle has teamed up with Venmo to give away $250,000 to up to 25,000 people through the mobile payment app. To sign up, all you have to do is enter your phone number (one that corresponds with your Venmo account) on ChipotleRewardMe.com before the deadline on March 15 and wait for the cash to start flowin’. Prizes will range from between $1 to $500 each day.
While Chipotle Rewards is definitely a new way to optimize your dining purchases, make sure to use the right credit cards (like the Citi Prestige Card and the American Express® Gold Card at restaurants), so you can earn up to 4x points on your meal.
Featured image by Scott Olson/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees