This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s a good Tuesday afternoon pick-me-up: Chipotle has just officially launched a rewards program. And to celebrate, they’re giving customers free money via Venmo.
The program, which was first introduced in test markets in October 2018, is now available for customers to participate in nationwide.
The rules are simple: for every dollar spent at Chipotle, you can redeem 10 rewards points. Once you reach 1,250 points (equivalent to spending $125), you can redeem your free burrito, burrito bowl, tacos or salad. A Chipotle spokesperson confirmed that the program will be helping customers along with “extra points days” and surprise birthday rewards.
Interested? Well, you can join the program by either visiting the company’s website or by downloading the Chipotle mobile app. And when you’re all set, there will already be a free perk (chips and guac with your first meal purchase) waiting for you.
Circling back to that free money — to celebrate the launch of its new rewards program, Chipotle has teamed up with Venmo to give away $250,000 to up to 25,000 people through the mobile payment app. To sign up, all you have to do is enter your phone number (one that corresponds with your Venmo account) on ChipotleRewardMe.com before the deadline on March 15 and wait for the cash to start flowin’. Prizes will range from between $1 to $500 each day.
While Chipotle Rewards is definitely a new way to optimize your dining purchases, make sure to use the right credit cards (like the Citi Prestige Card and the American Express® Gold Card), so you can earn up to 4x points on your meal.
Featured image by Scott Olson/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees