Chipotle Launches a Rewards Program and Offers Cash Giveaways
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here’s a good Tuesday afternoon pick-me-up: Chipotle has just officially launched a rewards program. And to celebrate, they’re giving customers free money via Venmo.
The program, which was first introduced in test markets in October 2018, is now available for customers to participate in nationwide.
The rules are simple: for every dollar spent at Chipotle, you can earn 10 rewards points. Once you reach 1,250 points (equivalent to spending $125), you can redeem your free burrito, burrito bowl, tacos or salad. A Chipotle spokesperson confirmed that the program will be helping customers along with “extra points days” and surprise birthday rewards.
Interested? Well, you can join the program by either visiting the company’s website or by downloading the Chipotle mobile app. And when you’re all set, there will already be a free perk (chips and guac with your first meal purchase) waiting for you.
Circling back to that free money — to celebrate the launch of its new rewards program, Chipotle has teamed up with Venmo to give away $250,000 to up to 25,000 people through the mobile payment app. To sign up, all you have to do is enter your phone number (one that corresponds with your Venmo account) on ChipotleRewardMe.com before the deadline on March 15 and wait for the cash to start flowin’. Prizes will range from between $1 to $500 each day.
While Chipotle Rewards is definitely a new way to optimize your dining purchases, make sure to use the right credit cards (like the Citi Prestige Card and the American Express® Gold Card), so you can earn up to 4x points on your meal.
Featured image by Scott Olson/Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees