Cheers! Emirates Is Upgrading Its First-Class Champagne
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Emirates, arguably, offers one of the best first-class products. Its new suite on the 777-300ER is no exception to that. From amenities to food and drink, the luxury airline offers the highest quality available to its customers. In 2014 alone, Emirates invested $500 million in a wine program — more than any other airline — to obtain some of the best vintages in the world. And some of the vintages won’t even be ready to drink until after 2020.
So it should come as no surprise that Emirates typically serves only top-notch names in its first-class suite, usually Dom Perignon. Starting April 1, 2018, Emirates is kicking it up a notch and will be replacing the high-end champagne for an even better, more exclusive version of Dom: Dom Perignon 2000 P2.
According to Wired for Wine, “P2 is one of Dom Perignon’s Oenotheque wines. It’s their higher end Champagne; a premium wine. The P2’s have undergone much longer lees aging than their vintage equivalents, which results in additional freshness and complexity.”
This bottle of P2 retails for about $350. Emirates partnered with Dom Perignon’s head chef to create dishes served onboard that will compliment the champagne.
The P2 that Emirates will be serving has just been released and will only be available on select flights. P2 will be served on direct flights out of Dubai (DXB) with service to London Heathrow (LHR), Tokyo (HND) and New York (JFK).
Throughout April and into May, the luxury airliner will be introducing other minor changes to its first class amenities including a new writing kit complete with a leather-bound notebook and pen, the travel wellness kit will be replaced with a wellness pod, and they will introduce new headphones gradually throughout its fleet beginning in May 2018.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.