Check Your Credit Card Offers For Cash Back Before Filing Taxes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
With Tax Day looming in the United States, the last thing anyone wants to think about is shelling out more money. Mercifully, a number of credit cards and airlines/hotels are offering easy ways to reduce the cost of using tax-filing software.
A host of American Express cards are offering $20 off TurboTax’s Self-Employed or Self-Employed Live software, while you’ll get $10 to $15 back on its lower-tiered products. We spotted this offer on our Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, but it should find its way to most every Amex card. To check, visit “Amex Offers” in your online web profile or on the Amex app.
A number of Chase cards are offering targeted cash back offers on TurboTax as well as TaxSlayer products. We spotted the above offers on the Chase Sapphire Reserve, IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card, and even the no-annual fee Chase Freedom (No longer open to new applicants). To check for yourself, open your Chase mobile app and toggle through available offers for each Chase card you hold.
For avid Southwest fliers, the airline is offering 1,000 bonus Rapid Rewards points when you file using TurboTax by April 15, 2019. That’s more than half of the points needed to fly Southwest to Hawaii once a new round of sales begin.
As always, we’d encourage you to begin any online shopping (even shopping for tax software) at a cash-back portal like CashbackMonitor.com. For example, you can earn nine Chase Ultimate Rewards points per dollar spent at H&R Block. If you’d prefer to earn Citi ThankYou points or American AAdvantage miles, you’ll find links there for those bonuses as well.
It’s also a fine time to remember that you can pay taxes with a credit card, which is a great way to cover a steep minimum spend on a new premium card like the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card. If you want to learn more about the pros/cons of doing so, check out our exhaustive guide to paying taxes with a credit card.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees