Deal Alert: Southwest Flights to Hawaii From $49 or 1,950 Points Each Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest just got approval to fly to Hawaii, and it’s wasting no time launching flights! The first Southwest passenger flight from the mainland US to Hawaii takes off on March 17, and Southwest is launching flights with incredible pricing — even if you don’t have a Companion Pass.
To search, head to Southwest’s website and enter your origin and destination cities. I’d recommend using the Low Fare Calendar to find cheap dates.
Here’s everything you need to know about Southwest’s new service to Hawaii — including routes, launch dates and recommendations on how to book.
Remember that Southwest has a value-based point system. That means when cash fares are cheap, points fares are also cheap. That means that you can book flights to Hawaii now for just 1,950 miles each way, blowing away your next-cheapest point option. If you need more Southwest points, you can transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards points to Southwest instantaneously.
Routes: OAK/SJC/LAS/SEA/PHX/LAX/AUS/HOU/DAL/EWR to HNL/OGG/KOA
Cost: $49+ or 1,950+ points one-way in economy
Book by: March 5
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Oakland (OAK) to Honolulu (HNL) for $49 or 1,950 points one-way nonstop:
Oakland (OAK) to Maui (OGG) for $49 or 1,950 points one-way nonstop:
San Jose (SJC) to Honolulu (HNL) for $49 or 1,950 points one-way nonstop:
San Jose (SJC) to Maui (OGG) for $49 or 1,950 points one-way nonstop:
Oakland (OAK) to Kona (KOA) for $79 or 3,977 points one-way 1-stop:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Honolulu (HNL) for $88 or 4,250 points one-way 1-stop:
Seattle (SEA) to Honolulu (HNL) for $88 or 4,278 points one-way 1-stop:
Phoenix (PHX) to Honolulu (HNL) for $88 or 4,250 points one-way 1-stop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Honolulu (HNL) for $88 or 4,289 points one-way 1-stop:
Austin (AUS) to Honolulu (HNL) for $108 or 5,701 points one-way 1-stop:
Houston Hobby (HOU) to Honolulu (HNL) for $112 or 5,701 points one-way:
Dallas Love Field (DAL) to Honolulu (HNL) for $112 or 5,711 points one-way:
Newark (EWR) to Honolulu (HNL) for $162 or 9,384 points one-way:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
Featured image by M Swiet Productions via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees