Caesars Was Acquired to Create the Largest Gaming Company in the US
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Move over, MGM.
Eldorado Resorts — a collection of 26 properties spread across the country — said on Monday it had entered into a merger agreement with Caesars Entertainment.
The $17.3 billion sale will create the largest gaming company in the United States.
Though Caesars is undoubtedly the more recognizable name, with notable properties like Caesars Palace, The Linq Hotel and Bally’s, all in Las Vegas, the company has been plagued with financial difficulties for years. In addition to the prominent Las Vegas footprint, Eldorado will also absorb Caesars’ debt.
But when the mega-entertainment empire will extend to 60 casinos and resorts in 16 states, including such popular gaming destinations Reno, Atlantic City and, of course, Las Vegas.
According to a statement from Eldorado Resorts, “the combined company will retain the Caesars name to capitalize on the value of the iconic global brand.”
The exact impact on the two loyalty programs — Caesars Rewards and Eldorado’s One Club — is not yet known, but there’s no reason to wait around to find out. Those with Wyndham Rewards status (or who can match hotel status to Wyndham) can benefit from Caesars Rewards complimentary status match program. It’s also possible to use Wyndham Rewards points to book rooms at Caesars properties, starting at 15,000 points per night, plus resort fee.
Caesars Rewards benefits offer travelers and gamers significant incentives, such as complimentary valet and self-parking at many properties; waived resort fees (Diamond members and above); upgrade at check-in and complimentary early check-in and late check-out, depending on availability (for Seven Stars members).
While exact details aren’t known, the statement did call out Caesars Rewards as an “industry-leading . . . loyalty program with proven guest service focus to drive value across the expanded regional network,” suggesting that Caesars Rewards — like the distinguished Caesars name — will live on.
We will be closely watching the sale, which is expected to be finalized in the first half of 2020.
Feature image courtesy of Caesars Palace.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees